Heaters not working and now it’s overheating ( Genius needed) ha

34 minutes ago, puddy said:

An extra electric pump to keep up coolant flow through the matrix. My vrs is not outside at the moment or I would go and have a check.

Cheers puddy 

It's ok, we can wait for you to get back to us on this one.

Lol , do I detect a hint of sarcasm ?

I do work on a lot of different cars for a living so my old brain may be a bit addled on this one.

I will leave it to the forum cognoscenti. 

Cheers puddy 

Edited by puddy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, puddy said:

Lol , do I detect a hint of sarcasm ?

I do work on a lot of different cars for a living so my old brain may be a bit addled on this one.

I will leave it to the forum cognoscenti. 

Cheers puddy 

As far as I know there isn’t a booster pump. But thank you for the input...! Could have been on the money.

Ok, trolling my memorie bank here, basically engine runs gets hot thermostat opens ecu is then setting fuel mix and so on , you have a car that is hot with no heater working  

This would point to air lock or blockage or waterpump only spinning every other turn

My reason for ECU is sometimes it can make gauges read incorrectly due to a problem else where... 

If the rad is clean and not leaking or any of the pipes as well as the matrix then just maybe with all the electronics now a day the ecu could just be on its way out and effecting the electrical stuff that helps the coolant system process... Bit of a different direction but I've seen a couple of car owners go through this to be told by garage that the ecu needed changing.

I take it the head gasket water pump can belt and so on is all new or good ?

Easy way out ... Another car ?

Problem solved.

I hope you do get to the conclusion I'd love to know what you find.

When I had the same issue mine was an airlock due to me replacing belt pulleys and pump once bleed it was ok.

Good luck anyway

3 minutes ago, Arghhhhhelp said:

...but I've seen a couple of car owners go through this to be told by garage that the ecu needed changing.

The vast majority of garages are morons and liars, let me translate for you:

"we have absolutely no idea what's wrong with your car but if you're prepared to throw a grand at it, I know a some smart guys who charge much more than we do who can fix it and we'll still make a decent profit on the job."

The ECU has nothing to do with this issue. Ok.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

The vast majority of garages are morons and liars, let me translate for you:

"we have absolutely no idea what's wrong with your car but if you're prepared to throw a grand at it, I know a some smart guys who charge much more than we do who can fix it and we'll still make a decent profit on the job."

The ECU has nothing to do with this issue. Ok.

Just what I've heard pal.

If its not all the obvious regarding what causes the issue to the car then i would either get rid or go back over everything possible to get to the actual problem.

Why throw money at problem with no resolution when its easier to buy another car ( with out the same issue)

Maybe the owner should do a video so folks get to see what's what.. ???

50 minutes ago, Arghhhhhelp said:

Just what I've heard pal.

If its not all the obvious regarding what causes the issue to the car then i would either get rid or go back over everything possible to get to the actual problem.

Why throw money at problem with no resolution when its easier to buy another car ( with out the same issue)

Maybe the owner should do a video so folks get to see what's what.. ???

Fake news, don't believe anything you hear unless the source is reliable, it's not how engineering works.

It's head lift.