Start stop/Octavia GreenLine

Hey guys Jordan here,new to the forum as I have just purchased a used Skoda Octavia GreenLine 1.6tdi 

everything is great with the car but have one problem, it seems that the start stop has been completely turned off as it comes up with ge icon on the dash with a line through it when I stop at junctions.

is there a way to re activate it?

thanks 

If it's been coded out it's down to how easy it is to work out what coding was changed. If it's anything like my Passat the common way to do it is tell it not to engage if the battery level is below 12.1V but I don't know if it will be the same for your car.

Thank you very much for that reply, so this image(attached) states that the stop start system is still functioning,but won’t work becuase of the certain list of checks it does before it will shut the car off at junctions

E3608A84-56A1-44F3-8E00-53327E45678C.jpeg

You mention that the line comes up when at junctions is it displayed without a line when you start up?

Try stalling the vehicle (low speed private land) then dip the clutch if it is working okay the vehicle should restart,

Does the octavia give you any info on the stereo? I know in my Leon you can see why it isn't working. Mine would not engage as I had the heater on my screen, turned it to normal and the engine shut off. Handy seeing why it is not engaging. 

11 hours ago, Busamad said:

You mention that the line comes up when at junctions is it displayed without a line when you start up?

Try stalling the vehicle (low speed private land) then dip the clutch if it is working okay the vehicle should restart,

No nothing is displayed on start up,well it is funny you should say that. I got home from work last night and I parked the car on a bit of a slope. I accidentally stalled the car whilst in first gear, put the clutch to the floor and it started again.

4 hours ago, zeffania said:

Does the octavia give you any info on the stereo? I know in my Leon you can see why it isn't working. Mine would not engage as I had the heater on my screen, turned it to normal and the engine shut off. Handy seeing why it is not engaging. 

Unfortunately not, and as you say it would be handy if it gave an indication as to why it won’t cut the engine off.

Have you read the owners manual yet on the things that inhibits the stop / start ? (stops it stop starting.)

Like the difference between the Low Ambient Temp and your heater setting. 

The A/C on and high battery demand / low battery charge etc etc

24 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

Have you read the owners manual yet on the things that inhibits the stop / start ? (stops it stop starting.)

Like I said in post 2, those who don't like start stop technology can have it coded to fool the system into never kicking in by setting one of the parameters to a value that will never get met. This saves turning it off manually each time you start the car and could be tricky to reverse if the value that's been changed isn't known.

On the other hand something as simple as a failing battery can stop it from kicking in on a seemingly permanent basis.

Yes i know that.

Sorry but i never quoted the OP, but i was asking them if they had read the owners manual yet?

I have not had much Stop / Start to switch off by choice over the past 5 weeks, but then 3 of those weeks were where the average temp was not above 0*oC for 7 

consecutive days and nights.  Car heater setting at 19*oC or higher.

Post Code DD 8. 

Edited by AwaoffSki

5 hours ago, AwaoffSki said:

Yeah I have been through the manual and I’m aware of all the factors that need to be correct before it will perform engine cut off. I tend to have heater blowers on low and very rarely have AC on. Maybe battery could be he problem 

AS it starts when stalled it means the system is working you would need to get a scan via ODIS or another system to check why it will not work.

If a scan is not easy I would try it with no extra electrical equipment on after a run. Remember also the outside temp has to be at least 4deg

For it to stop you are putting the handbrake on & taking it out of gear also with your seat belt on as this does stop it from working.

41 minutes ago, Busamad said:

AS it starts when stalled it means the system is working you would need to get a scan via ODIS or another system to check why it will not work.

If a scan is not easy I would try it with no extra electrical equipment on after a run. Remember also the outside temp has to be at least 4deg

For it to stop you are putting the handbrake on & taking it out of gear also with your seat belt on as this does stop it from working.

Yeah everytime I attempt to do it, my seatbelt is on and handbrake applied. Although I didn’t realise outside temperature outside had to be over 4deg that might make sense as it’s very cold here at the moment I’ll need to wait until I can get a warm day to try it.