Lowering springs and xenon lights...

Howdy mk1 ers...

I am thinking of lowering my 2007 superb (2.0tdi) and would love some advice from the wise and well informed mk1 community please.

A couple of questions please :

Do any of you know if the stock springs from a PASSAT B5.5 will lower the superb - I have been told yes they will, but not by how much exactly and I personally think the ride quality will be compromised as the superb is a heavier car? A friend has a set for sale and it would be a very cheap and hopefully cheerful mod to be honest..

Which H&R springs are best for the job if any of you know or have done before? I am in favour of H&R springs fitted with stock specification shocks or B6 Bilsteins than the passat springs option but am openminded also?

Will the xenon headlights self level properly if I lower the car 30mm or 40mm? Am thinking about reverting back to standard headlamps with manual adjustment anyway (drive mostly during the day) and have had to replace one xenon ballast already.. Am I right to think that 'standard halogen' lamps will plug and play with the existing plugs or not - I have a copy of vcds and I should be able to recode the system for halogen units.... hopefully?

Would like to know more or as much as possible about a lowering project before spending money on springs be they new or otherwise and any advice would be gladly welcomed please.

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

I've got 225K miles on my xenons, never needed a ballast, and the Xenon lamps never seem to die.  I've changed them once to get a bit more brightness.  I think they're a good system personally.

The car inclination is detected using a couple of arms front / back mounted to the arms I recall; if this doesn't read within certain ranges your headlights can get upset if you do basic setting via VCDS, and you will end up with headlights pointing at the floor as a "failsafe"(!).

Don't know anything about lowering I'm afraid; don't really think these are that kind of car to be honest.