Proud new owner...

So basically its due to the old vag oil drain down problem, the reason many camchain engines had an early death. But apparently no problem on these engines.

I call BS. The noise is not due to oil flow noises, but lack of oil in the cam phase shifters on start up which bash from stop to stop until oil finally fills them. No problems?? I don't think so...

variable-valve-timing-1.jpg

Hmm. No problem for the duration of the first PCP, perhaps, but after that...make sure you get a warranty on a used Skoda!

Edited by MorrisOx

9 minutes ago, MorrisOx said:

Hmm. No problem for the duration of the first PCP, perhaps, but after that...make sure you get a warranty on a used Skoda!

:sadsmile: I'm buying mine for cash. The plan was its a keeper for my old age...

I have Superb III with engine 2.0 TSI for more than 2 years and every time after cold start I have this strange noise up to 2 seconds as well. I have asked my dealer about this problem several times and the answers all the time were the same - the manufacture evaluates this as "car phenomenom":)

Sound from oil pump area Explanation.jpg

Sound from oil pump area Explanation.mp4

Out of interest, I posted a question to Honest John who is a positive advocate of the petrol Superb 1.4, here's his reply:

You    29 minutes ago

My Skoda dealer has referred to their Tech Dept, I'll let you know what they say. 

Here's a response another person received from Skoda for their 2.0 TSI Superb that has the same issue: 

www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/443577-proud-new-own...3 

He seems to have been told it is a "harmless" oil pump noise, does this explanation and said noise being "harmless" work for you? 

Many thanks 

hj_polaroid.jpg

Honest John    just now

Simply don't know. But no record of failure of this belt cam 1.4TSI engine that has been fitted to various VAG cars since 2012.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My 1.4 TSI has the same sound, and has had it from day 1. The sounds has not changed over the two years / 60.000 km the car has driven so far. I´ve got the same explanation (oil pump) from my dealer. Most other 1.4 TSI´s I´ve tried/met/heard about makes the same sound. It does not worry me - I just ordered a new 1.4 TSI yesterday.

• Like 1

My 220 2.0TSI L&K also has it, but not all the time....  Think it happens more on cold start?  I thought it sounds like the starter motor running too long, but that wouldn't explain why I only hear it occasionally