Headlight issues

Sharclay

Hi

I have a 58plate Skoda. The other night when driving home I lost main beam.  But had dipped lights fine.  Someone checked the fuses and they are fine.So now what happens is I can put the main beam on then after about 2-3 mins one headlight followed by the second drops out.  They then stay out no matter what I try.  It can't be a fuse as it lights up, I don't think it can be wiring as it follows the same pattern every night..ideas?

Would it help if we knew model, trim, reg year plate?

If Roomster, don't the projector headlights incorporate a shutter device which, presumably, blanks off the upper part of the beam for dip, then lifts to release all the light for main beam?  

My 57 plate has single bulbs that do for main and dip (and now HID 'cos standard H7 are rubbish).

Richard.

Don't know where you are located, Sharclay, but there's a Diagnostics and VCDS section here, perhaps a plugged in diagnostic test would throw up a useful fault code?

Members often offer this service free or for minimal payment.

Richard.