Average age of a Karoq driver

TheRoq

As the Karoq is the replacement for the Yeti I think it now appeals to a younger audience.

I’m 42 and would never have considered a Yeti, I always think of them as something my parents would drive.

My last 2 cars have been the old and new shape Qashqai and dont think I could go back to a “normal” car now.

I‘ve just ordered a 1.5 DSG edition model. Just curious to know the age of people that have bought or ordered the Karoq.

31, never had problem with Skoda just preferred others, still would not buy Yeti!

Karoq, looks bland but not quirky or strange. We purchased it for practicality, functionality and value for money factors. 

My missus and I are 44 and love our Yeti.  SWMBO chose it 'cause she loved the quirky look and it is immensely practical. The Karoq is nice enough but its 'just another soft-roader' without the different looks of the Yeti, although I guess we'll probably end up with one in a few years time.

We do often joke that we bring the average age of Yeti owners down by about 15 years if most of the people I see in them around our area are anything to go by :-)

Edited by edwards

15 hours ago, TheRoq said:

As the Karoq is the replacement for the Yeti I think it now appeals to a younger audience.

I’m 42 and would never have considered a Yeti, I always think of them as something my parents would drive.

My last 2 cars have been the old and new shape Qashqai and dont think I could go back to a “normal” car now.

I‘ve just ordered a 1.5 DSG edition model. Just curious to know the age of people that have bought or ordered the Karoq.

Oh around 160 I'd say, retired Yeti owners.

M

Wtf whats age got to do with it.. ?  A Yeti is a well built practical car....ah thats it we dont need practical car we just need something  our friends thinks looks cool.  Why do you care what your friends think? They wont give a txss about you.

I love turning up at bike races and pulling out my fully assembled bike, putting in the front wheel and riding off for a warm up when everyone else is still  faphingin about. How do you spell that?

But then I am only 60 and know fa.

The reason I ordered the Karoq is because its so practical. I dont care if my friends think its cool or not.

I took my mountain bike to the dealer to make sure it fitted in upright, that was what sealed the deal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheRoq said:

The reason I ordered the Karoq is because its so practical. I dont care if my friends think its cool or not.

I took my mountain bike to the dealer to make sure it fitted in upright, that was what sealed the deal.

you forgot to state your age

I'm 53 and proud of it. :D

Kitten and I LOVE our Yeti, the only reason why we're getting rid of it is because it has a diesel engine, and we feel that we will be targeted in the near future by increased road tax, increasing insurance, additional fuel costs, as well as costs incurred from towns and local authorities to park and drive within the city limits. (etc etc................)  :sadsmile:

Edited by Macdemon
error
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Mr BJ 54, Mrs BJ 60

I always wanted a Yeti but the boot space available when fitted with a spare wheel (or even without) was an issue.

Had to carry 4 of us through France 3 over 6ft 4" (6ft 4", 6ft 5" and 6ft 7") with luggage to last a few weeks. Superb just coped with it - don't think the Yeti would have come close.

Considering the Karoq though, boot is reasonable without a spare wheel. After initial reviews I thought the rear legroom would be better though (V tight behind me as the driver). Possibly one for the future when our son fledges!

Edited by bigjohn

I'm 64 and wife is 62.

Bought Yeti for it's practicality, good value and VW underpinnings. Neighbour who has an Evoque said my Yeti was ugly! :biggrin:

My wife has a Mini Cooper S and my fun car is this..... Don't care what folks think of the Yeti but some have said they like it, I love it. Bit of inverted snobbery I have to confess!

TT1.thumb.jpg.89db2dc671f94b4faf55d4f11e9eeadc.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bigjohn said:

Superb just coped with it - don't think the Yeti would have come close.

To be fair to the Yeti Yeti - there's bugger all cars that would cope with adults of that size without having to lump hammer someones knees. The space in the Superb is something special.

I've always liked the Yeti simply because it IS different. Like you, the boot space would have been an issue as I would want to get three large dogs in it.

• Like 1

The wife really wants one (she’s 45) and as much as I like it I (30) would only buy one if a more powerful engine came along, maybe the 2.0 TSI out of the Ateca.

• 1 month later...

I will be 60 soon and I retire in September or December, so it’s a bit of a retirement treat just so SWMO, the dogs, and myself can get away on these 2 or 3 days breaks in these hotels that allow dogs.

I'm 56 and currently own a Skoda Superb (Elegance) 4x4 2.0TDI and TBH with all the gadgets I put on that car 5 years ago, it cost £29,900.

I'm currently awaiting the delivery of my new Karoq 150TSi Edition in Quartz Greyand it cost less than the Superb and that was with loads of extra gadgets on board.

So I presently think Skoda has good value for money. :)

3 hours ago, Karman said:

I will be 60 soon and I retire in September or December, so it’s a bit of a retirement treat just so SWMO, the dogs, and myself can get away on these 2 or 3 days breaks in these hotels that allow dogs.

That's really harsh on your wife. ;-)