Mk1 or mk2 octavia aerial?

mac11irl

So i ordered this for mk1 octy, said it was for a mk1 but when i went swap it over, it was the wrong connection type.

I was gonna send it back but then rack leak and subsequent px happened instead.

I meant to fling it in the boot of the Octy before it went but forgot. It then got lobbed into a storage box, where i found it the other day. 

Gonna stick it up on the free stuff classifieds, but not sure if it will go on any mk1 Octavia, or is it, as i suspect... For a mk2?IMAG1189.thumb.jpg.a90096f5380251ab526d79b44e03e1cc.jpg

IMAG1186.thumb.jpg.96319223b9fa78c515c3eb42f1a0d3e1.jpg

15 views, naer an answer :(

I know this is a stupid question, but seriously, does it fit a mk2? Or any other model? Just want to check before i put it for going away..

@octyal

Mk1 aerial on my bus had no second connection, the little red one - im guessing its an amplifier feed, which is built into the h/u on standard mk1 radio, which was why anyone with an aftermarket h/u had to 1)repin he fixed vs switch live and 2) live with possibly crap reception due to the lack of a booster if add your own one.

Also the connection is a screw in jobby, where mine seemed to be just a push plug (im thinking back 15months.. might be a bit hazy :D )

Hhmmm.... i dunno so!

Seems a shame to just bin it, but if i cant figure out what its for...

The small plug doesnt heavy enough to be the radio antenna?

The screw connection making more sense ? Neither lead would go into my cars connector.

@Lyminton that link is what i thought id ordered...

My 2003 estate had the wiring provision for the armrest mobile phone along with the dual aerial the normal radio connection was a standard plug and the mobile phone was the small TNC connector but the power for the inbuilt amplifier was via the normal radio connection no external connection