220 sportine cosumption.

Have the 220TSI and see very good economy.  Have just come back from Scotland and drove using 97RON, normally run on 99RON but that is absent in Scotland.  The drive home was a fill up in Ullapool and then drive down through Fort William to Glasgow (overnight stop) and then onto Lincoln the next day.  Quick Google Maps shows this as 499 Miles and the trip was showing just over 100 Miles more to go and that was with four adults, full boot and full large roof box so very well laden down.  Normal everyday driving (speed limit throughout).

In total did 2200 miles from home to home and it cost 18p per mile and that includes a good number of miles on Scotlands single lane roads that are up, down, left, right, blind summits all within a few meters.  Ok, not that bad but you get the idea.  Even on those it was hitting over 20Mpg.

Also that was a car that was a few hundred miles past its service point.  I was getting a little fed up of the "SERVICE NOW!" messages appearing at every turn on and turn off...

58 minutes ago, pentaxian said:

Have the 220TSI and see very good economy.  Have just come back from Scotland and drove using 97RON, normally run on 99RON but that is absent in Scotland.  The drive home was a fill up in Ullapool and then drive down through Fort William to Glasgow (overnight stop) and then onto Lincoln the next day.  Quick Google Maps shows this as 499 Miles and the trip was showing just over 100 Miles more to go and that was with four adults, full boot and full large roof box so very well laden down.  Normal everyday driving (speed limit throughout).

In total did 2200 miles from home to home and it cost 18p per mile and that includes a good number of miles on Scotlands single lane roads that are up, down, left, right, blind summits all within a few meters.  Ok, not that bad but you get the idea.  Even on those it was hitting over 20Mpg.

Also that was a car that was a few hundred miles past its service point.  I was getting a little fed up of the "SERVICE NOW!" messages appearing at every turn on and turn off...

I take it you mean that were unable to find 99 between Ullapool and Glasgow? I live in scotland and have to say I find it hard to not find a station without 99! Perhaps you were just unlucky! :D

My best mileage on a road trip fill-up was in Scotland: 40.7 mpg. My worst mileage on a road trip was to Berlin: 32.9 mpg, but there were quite a few 100-120 mph sections that just had to be done. My average mileage for the last 9K miles: 36.0 mpg measured at the pump. I do a lot of urban crawling.

My previous car was a 2.2 litre Alfa Romeo that averaged 26 mpg, so I am well pleased with the Škoda.

2 hours ago, boydeee said:

I take it you mean that were unable to find 99 between Ullapool and Glasgow? I live in scotland and have to say I find it hard to not find a station without 99! Perhaps you were just unlucky! :D

Yes, apologies.  I think the last station I saw 99 at was just on the outskirts of Glasgow.  Up in the highlands it was 95 mainly with a few places having 97.

• Haha 1

but average is quite acceptable -

8.8l/100km (32mpg) on 5900km trip
519,17 litres
699,91 euros

On 02/08/2018 at 10:45, MartiniB said:

couldn't able make better cause met so many slow turtles on the highway -
most of distance 200km/h
20180729_113652_20p.thumb.jpg.5c95c0231dde4225756749421ba8c513.jpg

Edited by MartiniB