First 2018 Meet, March?

cormac81

With the success of the last meet (when we finally got a date) I was thinking we should make a start getting another one organised for 2018.

I was thinking maybe have one in March when the weather is hopefully better and one again later in the year around August/September.

Venue somewhere like the last time and in the summer and maybe branch out somewhere scenic like Fermanagh as suggested by @FUBAR

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gobsheene said:

Absolutely! hopefully I can make it this time!!!

Been 4 years since I was at the last one in my Fabia ffs! Even @D@z was at it, he's went into hiding now since leaving the VRS stable :P

Good stuff, the blue Octavia for sale now?

Hopefully not stepping on any ones toes by the way by opening this thread, I am relatively new to the forum but I thought we should get the ball rolling again since it took us so long the last time.

7 hours ago, Gobsheene said:

Yup, once I get a confirmed date on the new car it'll be up for sale :)

Don't think anyone toes will be stepped on tbh!  

I welcome it for one!

+1 keep her lit Cormac! 

I am very 50/50 on attendance on a March one, will be just down to week before for what way my rota is spat out in work as im starting a new job at same place tomorrow. I was running very early this morning due to schools being off so made a pitstop in applegreen again, but on the other side for a change (not as good as the country bound one for parking).

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Gobsheene said:

Good to see you're still here @D@z staying in the Skoda stable? Or moving onto pastures new?

thanks dude, ditching it for something cheap and cheerful (****), I just need something practical that I dont care about these days, so I have bought (wait for it) a Renault Kangoo!  The Mrs has the "good" car now, as she is doing way more miles.  Was almost tempted into another new VRS exactly like your sig describes recently, but then decided I would rather spend the money elsewhere, maybe I will get along to a meet again too

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a plan dude, I'll not know for sure until closer to the time though.

BTW those two Astras that were down the road from me have gone, you weren't out shopping were you? :biggrin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 02VRS said:

Sounds like a plan dude, I'll not know for sure until closer to the time though.

BTW those two Astras that were down the road from me have gone, you weren't out shopping were you? :biggrin:

Nope still trying to buy one in England at the moment.

Still have to try that disc changer for you. I might just blow it with the line and bring it to the meet and you can try it there and then.

2 hours ago, cormac81 said:

So its about time we had a date for this, how about Sunday 11th March? 11am? At Sprucefield? and can grab a McDs Coffee if needs be.

@JohnnyType2 @D@z @FUBAR @Blackfabiavrs19 @02VRS @Gobsheene @Andy_vrs2

yes sounds good to me

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cormac81 said:

So its about time we had a date for this, how about Sunday 11th March? 11am? At Sprucefield? and can grab a McDs Coffee if needs be.

@JohnnyType2 @D@z @FUBAR @Blackfabiavrs19 @02VRS @Gobsheene @Andy_vrs2

Sounds good to me! Could be the MK2's last meet... This MK3 better be worth the stupidly long wait!!

• Like 2

Sounds like a plan this end too, same story here with won't know 100% until closer to the time (the Friday before). :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FUBAR said:

ps. have been tempted by this, am I mad or no? 

https://www.usedcarsni.com/2003-MG-ZT-260-V8-SE-206681712

I keep youtube searching exhaust options 

sounds great but its Chinese and made of crisp packets...