First 2018 Meet, March?

cormac81

30 minutes ago, Andy_vrs2 said:

@Blackfabiavrs19 she’s looking well. Black is definitely the best colour when clean. How much would you be looking to bring your laptop next week mate? My airbag light has appeared and mot is in two weeks :-(

Wouldn’t charge briskoda member bud, I’ll have it with me :)

• Like 1

On 3/2/2018 at 13:13, cormac81 said:

Not long to this now, we still good for next Sunday?

Next weekend by chance happens to be the first one in 6 weeks I am actually off work :thumbup: vRS is up for MOT this week, a drop link I knew about done, but found an inner pad on N/S/F gone and disc fecked.... new caliper, discs and pads. Steering is a bit heavy in the air with engine off so putting it in to see what happens (top mount bearings I hope and not the rack). Nice shiny new unpainted caliper on one side for the time being too ffs :( 

Saw this earlier browsing around at work if anyone is in the market for one, reg is the actual one on the car too :Dhttps://johnmulhollandmotors.com/used-cars/593/2018-hyundai-i30-n-n-20-turbo-275ps-performance-pack-our-stunning-new-flagship-car-outstanding-performance-technology-

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, FUBAR said:

Next weekend by chance happens to be the first one in 6 weeks I am actually off work :thumbup: vRS is up for MOT this week, a drop link I knew about done, but found an inner pad on N/S/F gone and disc fecked.... new caliper, discs and pads. Steering is a bit heavy in the air with engine off so putting it in to see what happens (top mount bearings I hope and not the rack). Nice shiny new unpainted caliper on one side for the time being too ffs :( 

Saw this earlier browsing around at work if anyone is in the market for one, reg is the actual one on the car too :Dhttps://johnmulhollandmotors.com/used-cars/593/2018-hyundai-i30-n-n-20-turbo-275ps-performance-pack-our-stunning-new-flagship-car-outstanding-performance-technology-

I quite like them I30n’s but not in that colour lol. Seen a red one in Lisburn and that was pretty cool looking 

Yeah it's a bargain alright Adam had sent me link funny enough, only a couple of months MOT but worth the chance at that £. Colour might put some folks off, but I think it suits them.

I should be up on Sunday morning but won't be able to hang about for long, and can't say if the VRS will be clean lol

• Like 1

Good news, the Blue barge passed! 

Bad news 17 miles later I had a warm O/S/R wheel....... FML Heard it squealing a little stupid rear calipers just like the Mk1 Fabia's seem to not come with assist springs on them despite the cut outs for them. Cleaned her tonight and will see if I can free it up tomorrow while im stuck in waiting for a new fridge/freezer to be delivered (bloody fridge passed away on Monday there taking with it the big Sunday shop RIP Mr Chilly). My fear is that as that wheel was mega dusty too it may have been happening for a while on and off so like N/S/F which just had a new caliper having skinned the inside of it's disc, I may need to repeat the entire exercise at the back! Seems to just be the handbrake arm bit as I get a slack inch or so on the handbrake every few times I use it. It's HAMMER TIME! Fingers crossed the inner pad hasn't gone though, really CBA with this. 

In other news been tempted by this :D

https://www.usedcarsni.com/2015-Skoda-Octavia-2-0-VRS-TDI-5d-181-BHP-ADAPTIVE-CRUISE-CONTROL-208590842

IMG_20180307_121605.jpg

• Like 1

Fridge freezer delivered all good no packaging damage no damage on outside they leave and boom fridge door doesn't want to open.... Can open a tiny bit to see a glass shelf embedded into the door, how in the name of feck? Called immediately waited on hold to be told that as they are 10 min away now they are too far to turn back and take it back... THAT'S next weekend FUBAR'd now too. Bloody Currys say they need to go through Kenwood to get it replaced now not themselves, can't see it as being delivered yet on system due to paper sign for dockets they use so can't even talk about it until tomorrow when I must call their expensive number again FML! 

IMG_20180310_112804.jpg

2 hours ago, Andy_vrs2 said:

So are we all agreed that the last one there buys the coffees? ;-)

Oh ffs you say this after I decide I'd be better taking the Mk1 to give her a run (will need to nab the wee bluetooth thingy from the vRS to call Curry's on route I fear)! I was thinking today the Mk1 hasn't really left a 10 mile radius of the house in over a year, that I can recall :o She's a bit rough now with some lacquer peel, but will do the job. 

ps. I take it we are heading to the McDonald's car park bit of Sprucefield? 

Green goddess 'was' clean this morning, but just been into town in her and there was mud all over the road out of my village annoyingly :(  (lol at lack of any wax on the Mk1)

P20180310_112510.jpg

Edited by FUBAR

42 minutes ago, FUBAR said:

Oh ffs you say this after I decide I'd be better taking the Mk1 to give her a run (will need to nab the wee bluetooth thingy from the vRS to call Curry's on route I fear)! I was thinking today the Mk1 hasn't really left a 10 mile radius of the house in over a year, that I can recall :o She's a bit rough now with some lacquer peel, but will do the job. 

ps. I take it we are heading to the McDonald's car park bit of Sprucefield? 

Green goddess 'was' clean this morning, but just been into town in her and there was mud all over the road out of my village annoyingly :(  (lol at lack of any wax on the Mk1)

P20180310_112510.jpg

I’d imagine so mate. That’s where I was gonna head to anyway. Try to get a run of spaces along the back wall/fence bit. As for vehicle cleanliness, mine hasn’t been washed in weeks so I’ll hopefully get a dry morning to give her a wee tickle before the meet 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andy_vrs2 said:

I’d imagine so mate. That’s where I was gonna head to anyway. Try to get a run of spaces along the back wall/fence bit. As for vehicle cleanliness, mine hasn’t been washed in weeks so I’ll hopefully get a dry morning to give her a wee tickle before the meet 

I wonder does Sainsburys have a jetwash there? 

**EDIT** Yes it does and an auto wash. Might use it for a blast of water if it's a dry day like Frank Mitchel claims it will be. 

555.png

Edited by FUBAR

My only pic of the day from when I made it back to Enniskillen having done an eco run (pointless doing anything else in the old girl). Despite the towns, roadworks and checkpoints I had to stop for I am pretty impressed with it still. 

IMG_20180311_144457.jpg

• Like 1