Service interval reset

Ennine

I am sure it must be staring me in the face but I can't find it in the book, on here or anywhere else for that matter. Those methods I have found online don't seem to relate to my car. 2013 facelift elegance. I have "Service Due" on the maxidot when I start up. If I go into service there is no option to reset it, just gives me the miles "0" now overdue 1 day.

Can any kind soul point me in the right direction?

Ah, having done more delving looks like it may be time for me to invest in ross-tech gear

Nige

Edited by Ennine
  • Like 1

Thank you. I've seen this one. I don't seem to have "setup" on my display. I have "service" but that only gives me the option of it's current status or "back" no reset or any other options

Nige

Yes, ignition on, engine off. This is what I get. I've checked guide after guide and still can't find a way to reset it. I did find one thread on here that seemed to suggest it may need vcds to reset it.

Nige

maxdot.jpg

1 minute ago, Ennine said:

I did find one thread on here that seemed to suggest it may need vcds to reset it

I can just tell you that mine was set manually by the Skoda guy sitting in the drivers seat and using the MID. He didn't hook anything to the data port. That said, I am one MY later so there could have been changes.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Outrunner said:

Thank you. but yet again it seems I have already tried this. In the service menu I have no option to reset it. The only thing I have not tried yet is the trip reset and the article seems a little confusing on that score. I'll take a look at that in the morning, I do feel a little less of a numpty though as it seems I tried all the usual methods and routes before posting for help.

Nige

Resolved

Hold down the odometer trip. turn on ignition. "Reset service, are you sure" select with thumbwheel and ok.

Thanks for all the input

Nige

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, superbdreams said:

Doesn't it make your blood boil that manufacturers make needless changes for no benefit what so ever.

Just a bit !!

Nige

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I have the same issue - trying to reset the service indicator on my facelifted Superb Combi Elegance, without having the "reset service" option in the maxidot. The above described procedure only allows me to reset the oil service inducator. Is there any way to change between being able to reset the two different types of service? - I had a Fabia before, and on that, you were able to select the service you wanted to reset by twisting the reset arm either clock-wise or counterclock-wise. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Kasper

• 2 years later...