Skoda Connected - a bit ‘Flakey’ ?

48 minutes ago, Ozzy25 said:

OK found the app but it won't connect to my car!!!!

You need to have connected the iPhone to the car via the USB port and have CarPlay up and running on the head unit screen. Start the app from there. There’s no wireless CarPlay, so it has to have the physical connection to read data from the car.

22 hours ago, Ozzy25 said:

And this is my updated version. Once again showing me absolutely nothing apart from a stock photo of my car. 

IMG_3776.PNG

Exactly the same as what I am getting, I have tried with the car connected to my phone hotspot, the SIM card & home wifi & still the same.

pretty useless having the app when it doesn't do half the features it says it should.

5 hours ago, wg100 said:

You need to have connected the iPhone to the car via the USB port and have CarPlay up and running on the head unit screen. Start the app from there. There’s no wireless CarPlay, so it has to have the physical connection to read data from the car.

OK I have something working  now.  :)

been to the dealer and a helpful employee suggested that connect does not work well with iPhone and is only good with android phones, no idea if correct but he showed me connect on his phone working well!!!! do i go out and buy a cheap android phone?

18 minutes ago, MidlifeC said:

been to the dealer and a helpful employee suggested that connect does not work well with iPhone and is only good with android phones, no idea if correct but he showed me connect on his phone working well!!!! do i go out and buy a cheap android phone?

So you're telling me that Skoda can't get a £20k+ car to work with an iphone? It's not as if it's a new kid on the block mobile-wise.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wg100 said:

So you're telling me that Skoda can't get a £20k+ car to work with an iphone? It's not as if it's a new kid on the block mobile-wise.

Thats what he said! don't know if true but from comments on this thread seems to be about right. would like it to work is my only thought.

Hi!

As I've written earlier in this thread I got it working on Android quite well. I'll see if I can borrow my GF's iPhone and test on that during the weekend to see if the iOS version of the app is the culprit!

//H

2 hours ago, HaggeJr said:

Hi!

As I've written earlier in this thread I got it working on Android quite well. I'll see if I can borrow my GF's iPhone and test on that during the weekend to see if the iOS version of the app is the culprit!

//H

I think it may be an iOS problem, as it has issues connecting to the iphone hotspot and then to the internet. For instance, once connected by inevitably having to go into the WLAN settings to find the hotspot, it will say "no data connection" for some time, despite being connected to the phone.

4 hours ago, wg100 said:

I think it may be an iOS problem, as it has issues connecting to the iphone hotspot and then to the internet. For instance, once connected by inevitably having to go into the WLAN settings to find the hotspot, it will say "no data connection" for some time, despite being connected to the phone.

Ah, sorry then I misunderstood the issue people were having. Thought it was with the care connect app itself and not an wifi/hotspot/tethering issue..my bad

//H

On 26/01/2018 at 15:27, wg100 said:

I think you are right, that plus the EE issues that have been mentioned has me scuppered with my phone.  I can get a 4G hotspot for £10 and £15 a month for a 5GB data allowance but it’s not worth paying that for traffic updates and the other limited benefits in Amundsen head unit.  However, at least this is a rolling 30 day contract so if after the first month it proves unreliable or I decide it isn’t worth the beans I’ve only burnt £25.  Also unwilling to spend out £100 on an unlocked USB stick and 25GB sim - I feel why should I when My wife and I are already paying for iphone 7 and 8 with a decent data allowances.  I’m one of those people who if they have a feature, it must work!

• 8 months later...
On 19/01/2018 at 10:17, HaggeJr said:

Hi! I got my new Octavia delivered monday this week (built week 51 I think). I struggled with this a bit the first days as well. My car came with a Carstick LTE  (without sim card) so this added to the confusion. I dont know if things work differently in diff countries (I live in Sweden) but this is what I've figured out so far.

Using the LTE stick or using your phone as hotspot is used for accessing internet via the Infotainment System, stuff like weather, news, nav updates etc. May be used for more stuff as well.

The Skoda Connect/car part actually uses its own connetion with a Sim via something called OCU2 - more info in this link:

http://ws.skoda-auto.com/TechnicalLexicon/print_techlex.aspx?itemid=484&language=7

The way I got the car parts working was to create an account at skoda-connect.com and once in there you get a code (eight digits I think) that you use to activate the feature in the car by entering the code actually sitting in the car.

So I got it working. I can remotely see the status of my car, control the auxiliary heater (like I said, Sweden....), parking position etc. See attached screenshots from the Skoda Connect App

Hope this helps in getting the Care part working at least!

connect1.png

connect2.png

connect3.png

//Hagge

Hi Hagge! 

Kan jag komma i direktkontakt med dej angående parkeringsvärmaren?/Rolf M