Buckled alloys

Juego

Had been getting a shudder at 70mph with the superb, went to the tyre place to get my wheels rebalanced and it turns out both front alloys are buckled! What are the alloys made of chocolate? Doubt Skoda will replace them under warranty either but I'm not a happy chappy! I was planning on getting 16s so will be after a set sooner than I thought and I'll have the 18s straightened and refurbished and keep them away. I have the car entered in a show in July so will fit them for shows and run the 16s daily! Or put my 18s back on with a 45 profile as discussed in another post. I get my tyres at trade so the little extra cost doesn't bother me as it's only £5 extra a tyre for the 45! 

• Sad 1

Its not just Skoda - BMW's with the larger alloys like to buckle and crack them too. You might get Skoda to do a warranty replacement but I'd need to be out of my mind on crack to believe it...

Just wondering - what sort of shows do you enter the Superb in?

• Like 1