Spaceback 1.6tdi se sport

Bsissons

• 1 month later...

Those are the original Skoda sports seat from 2013 onward I think. Available in Black or Red on Rapid hatchback SE and Sport. Replaced in late 15 by the Bentley-alike quilted ones, at the same time the rims changed to Savio.

Edited by camelspyyder

• 3 months later...
On 8/6/2018 at 21:55, Bsissons said:

She's now a bit lower. 

DSC_0938.JPG

This is where i want to get my Rapid looking, somewhere along these lines, i think they are a nice shape.

Without hijacking the thread, would you happen to know much about the lowering side of things ? What is getting me is the different array of springs for these cars, yet i imagine them all to be a similar platform underneath, i have a 1.4 tsi though.

I have had coilovers fitted so the drop is around 50mm front, 60mm rear approx. They were prosport coilovers for a polo 6r. They fitted perfectly with the addition of adjustable drop links

Edited by Bsissons

3 minutes ago, Bsissons said:

I have had coilovers fitted so the drop is around 50mm front, 60mm rear approx. They were prosport coilovers for a polo 6r. They fitted perfectly with the addition of adjustable drop links

Thats why it sits the way it does, explains a lot. Thankyou for the info i appreciate it as i was looking just for springs alone :thumbup:

3 hours ago, 1Rapid said:

Thats why it sits the way it does, explains a lot. Thankyou for the info i appreciate it as i was looking just for springs alone :thumbup:

Eibach do 30mm lower springs (which were the SKoda UK approved kit a few years back). H&R do 35mm lower. Both about 1/4 or less of the price of coilovers.

The 1.4TSI uses the same spring rates as the 1.6 TDI. Springs for a 1.2 are not the same.

3 hours ago, 1Rapid said:

Look at this thread to see the 30 /35 mm drop with 17 inch wheels on a Rapid.

Edited by camelspyyder

3 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

Eibach do 30mm lower springs (which were the SKoda UK approved kit a few years back). H&R do 35mm lower. Both about 1/4 or less of the price of coilovers.

The 1.4TSI uses the same spring rates as the 1.6 TDI. Springs for a 1.2 are not the same.

1 minute ago, camelspyyder said:

Look at this thread to see the 30 /35 mm drop with 17 inch wheels on a Rapid.

I'd be happy to get my Rapid sitting as either of them are either with coilovers or just spring kits. My one is exactly the same as the black one, except the stupid 15 inch wheels and an arch gap like the Grand Canyon. 

If i could, i'd stick to those OEM fan looking wheels, although i've seen a few sets i do like. At the minute its just finding what i'd like to see on the car most and be content with.

• Like 1

Eibach shop UK £174 for front and rear together. (Pro-Kit springs for 1.4TSI (pre 2015 facelift))

H&R look cheaper, but I cant yet find different spring rates for the light or heavier engine variants.

Edited by camelspyyder

3 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

Eibach shop UK £174 for front and rear together. (Pro-Kit springs for 1.4TSI (pre 2015 facelift))

H&R look cheaper, but I cant yet find different spring rates for the light or heavier engine variants.

I shall look around at these, seems like it will be my most probable option :)

On 08/06/2018 at 21:55, Bsissons said:

She's now a bit lower. 

DSC_0938.JPG

Hi mate, f***ing love how your car looks.  I just traded in my  62 reg Monte Carlo for the Spaceback 1.2tsi SE Sport. Im looking to mod my car exactly how you have done here although i hadnt thought about lowering yet. But everything down to the wind deflectors is what I am planning. What, where and how much for all you've done so far? 

Old Monte Carlo and New Rapid below...

skoda2.jpg

SKODA Rapid.jpg

• Like 1

Ive spent a bit.... :) let's say on

- coilovers.

- splitter.

- wheel refurb standard wheels.

- Black magic grill surround.

- Black magic front and rear badge with the front having custom red background.

- wind deflectors. 

- pressed number plates.

- red leather hand brake and gear knob. 

- roof rack.

- sunstrip. 

- wiper delete. 

- new alloys and tyres arriving next week :)

22 hours ago, Bsissons said:

Ive spent a bit.... :) let's say on

- coilovers.

- splitter.

- wheel refurb standard wheels.

- Black magic grill surround.

- Black magic front and rear badge with the front having custom red background.

- wind deflectors. 

- pressed number plates.

- red leather hand brake and gear knob. 

- roof rack.

- sunstrip. 

- wiper delete. 

- new alloys and tyres arriving next week :)

Never thought of taking off the back wiper. Checked that out online and looks pretty cool. Didn't think you'd get roof racks for the rapid with the panoramic sun roof. Sunstrip nice touch, never noticed that. Dont suppose you've a list of the sites or places used for everything so i could price up some stuff if its not to much bother?