Big (Velvet) Red Bus

andyvee

It was going dark when I got home on Friday, and hasn't stopped snowing since, so not the best photos. The colour is a lot brighter than the configurator would have you believe. If you park next to a flat Corrida red there is a considerable difference, but without the contrast you would easily think it is just red.

IMG-20180119-WA0000.thumb.jpeg.ab7a2bafda927cdc2e50bf1f438af5a9.jpeg

IMG-20180119-WA0002.thumb.jpeg.81884f5705462ac3295588494ef7ccff.jpeg

• Like 1

In storage, on 17" steels and winter tyres until the Spring then the 19" Triglavs will go back on. Borneo wheel trims turn up next week so will look better with those on.

1 hour ago, Falkster said:

I was thinking of that red/black alloy colour scheme Andy!

Whats the craic with the alloys then Andy?

Edited by andyvee
  • Like 1

Yep, no chance of seeing t in the flesh. It didn't cost me any more than the Petrol Blue one it has replaced, which I was dissapointed with TBH as it just blended in to all the black plastic. I wanted something with some contrast, my last 2 Octavias were white, the Octavia before that silver and I'm not a big fan of the beige or browns, or all the recycled Audi colours such as Business Grey.

I just fancied something that would contrast with the acres of black plastic and was bright, so thought I'd chance the red. I was warned it didn't look like the configurator and was brighter, so it wasn't a surprise. I'll be fairly unique for a while I think until the Sportlines start hitting the road.

Yeh, I've got the same dilemma having had two Octy's in Candy and Moon white...I guess it's a matter of opinion as to whether dark metallic or bright colours are more suited to a big vehicle. Also the perception of what your car is whether executive, sporty or just different to others on the road. 

1 hour ago, andyvee said:

blended in to all the black plastic

Y'see, I think red cars are boring, because the detail on the rear light clusters is all but lost. And you have to be really careful with yellow/orange so as not to clash with the rear number plate :-)

On 1/21/2018 at 22:16, WiggosSideburns said:

Y'see, I think red cars are boring, because the detail on the rear light clusters is all but lost. And you have to be really careful with yellow/orange so as not to clash with the rear number plate :-)

I'm thinking those tail lights will look good with a smoke grey film on them :)

• 2 weeks later...