Race Blue mk3 Estate

creamvRS

Hey guys,

Thought I'd start a little topic on my car.

I purchased her private last April 2017 mainly due to an incoming baby - Dad car time!

2013 Skoda Octavia vRS TSI with DSG in Race Blue with Black Turinis

In 2017 I mainly just had the exhaust adjusted to smaller back boxes and mid resonator deleted.

I also did various amounts of plastidipping to make her a bit different!

Included pics of first petrol station visit then various changes:

18406087_10155038198231690_359130912_o.jpg

Skoda Back 1.jpg

Skoda Side 1.jpg

So I decided to have fun and start modding bits.

These arrived last week! H and R 40mm all around lowering springs and spacers 15mm front 20mm rear!!

hnrs.jpg

skodapsacers.jpg

Edited by creamvRS
  • Like 1

What an improvement with handling - Barrel roll is dramatically reduced - Notice less wheel spinning and better traction too now and ride comfort is hardly much worse - yes bumps are more noticable but for what I'm gaining, it's amazing - I'm used to old minis and my Abarth 500 SS anyway :D

Pictures of work complete with comparison!

skodalower1.jpg

skodalower2.jpg

skodalower3.jpg

skodalowercomp.jpg

More parts ordered!

Stainless mirror covers, aggressor eyebrows, maxton design splitter, Rieger diffuser & tints are booked in for this Saturday!

Also removed bonnet stripe after 4-5 months and wing mirrors back to blue in preparation for new look!

maxtond.jpg

wingms.jpg

skodalowblue.jpg

• Like 1

I'm liking this thread.  It's definitely looking better each time you make a subtle change and it sits really well now.  I wasn't overly keen on the bonnet stripe but that's just personal choice.  Keep the pics coming.:thumbup:

3 hours ago, skinnyman said:

I'm liking this thread.  It's definitely looking better each time you make a subtle change and it sits really well now.  I wasn't overly keen on the bonnet stripe but that's just personal choice.  Keep the pics coming.:thumbup:

Bonnet stripe gone anyway now :D

16 hours ago, HarleQuinn said:

I quite like the stripe, it was unique :(

I know, that's why I did it...but I don't think it would suit my new mirrors and maybe with all the abs plastic being gloss, a gloss wrap would suit it more than matt.

Absolutely loving what you've done so far. A man after my own heart. I got a 2015 Race Blue TDI combi VRS in November and have started the transformation which is similar to your own. I only came across this project today and had to get in touch. 

I have the Maxton rear diffuser already fitted (looks very aggressive- not to everyone's taste) and the Heko wind deflectors. I have black plasticoated all the chrome badges and did the exhaust tips too. Not perfect but I'll work out how to get it right. 

I have the Maxton front diffuser and side skirts to go on yet. Was it an easy job to fit the front splitter?

I really love the black front lip so I'm going to copy that if you don't mind. Looks fantastic. And I'm very impressed with the black eyebrows. I didn't want to fork out the 50quid for the blue ones so I'm thinking the cheaper white ones sprayed black might just do the trick. Looks better than the blue anyway. Pity I didn't see that earlier as I purchased a bumper guard and touch up paint from superskoda during their sale the other day. I'll wait till I need something else to save the €10 delivery!

I'm not going to lower mine as there are 7 "speed bumps" (road mountains!!) on the approach to where I live. Wouldn't be worth while. I am thinking about spacers but I'm not convinced due to what I've read about tyre wear and wheel bearings. Do you have any experience with them?

21 hours ago, Darrenbvrs said:

Absolutely loving what you've done so far. A man after my own heart. I got a 2015 Race Blue TDI combi VRS in November and have started the transformation which is similar to your own. I only came across this project today and had to get in touch. 

I have the Maxton rear diffuser already fitted (looks very aggressive- not to everyone's taste) and the Heko wind deflectors. I have black plasticoated all the chrome badges and did the exhaust tips too. Not perfect but I'll work out how to get it right. 

I have the Maxton front diffuser and side skirts to go on yet. Was it an easy job to fit the front splitter?

I really love the black front lip so I'm going to copy that if you don't mind. Looks fantastic. And I'm very impressed with the black eyebrows. I didn't want to fork out the 50quid for the blue ones so I'm thinking the cheaper white ones sprayed black might just do the trick. Looks better than the blue anyway. Pity I didn't see that earlier as I purchased a bumper guard and touch up paint from superskoda during their sale the other day. I'll wait till I need something else to save the €10 delivery!

I'm not going to lower mine as there are 7 "speed bumps" (road mountains!!) on the approach to where I live. Wouldn't be worth while. I am thinking about spacers but I'm not convinced due to what I've read about tyre wear and wheel bearings. Do you have any experience with them?

Cheers dude! Blue and black combo is wicked! Funnily enough...this arrived today...(see below!)

Black lip sets it off well I think, go ahead! I've been quoted £80 to have the lip and grille surround properly wrapped in gloss black - Or I buy a proper black grille surround and leave the lip matt.

Black eyebrows head on in the pic above look fairly noticeable but when you get to the side angles, it's not as obvious but makes it look evil as! These are the ABS plastic aggressor eyebrows for 20 euros - I saw a pick of blue on blue and thought it looked crap. Bkac is better!

Lowered and spaced wwas needed in my eyes, suits it really well!!! Getting too used to the ride and handling now...might need even firmer and lower :P

27072985_10155784983991690_2019771444044659699_n.jpg

I definitely agree that lower and wider look way better than standard but lowering is not an option unfortunately. 

Have you used spacers before? 

Looking forward to seeing your rear diffuser. I'll post a picture of my Maxton one soon