Race Blue mk3 Estate

creamvRS

Fantastic. Can't wait to see the spoiler cap. 

I spoke to a mechanic who strongly advised me against lowering or wheel spacers. Said if I wanted to fill the arches to get 19" wheels instead. Certainly don't have the dosh for that so looks like it'll be staying as is. Still love it though 

10 hours ago, Darrenbvrs said:

I spoke to a mechanic who strongly advised me against lowering or wheel spacers. Said if I wanted to fill the arches to get 19" wheels instead. Certainly don't have the dosh for that so looks like it'll be staying as is. Still love it though 

Why not lower? As long as you get your wheel alignment sorted :)

19s over 18s won't fill a vRS arch...maybe a 21-23" would :D

Gave a quick clean and wax today for the upcoming week. She hasn't had a clean since the diffuser went on.

Front strut should be here tomorrow and spoiler cap here Tuesday I think.

Pics from today's clean.

20180218_154756.jpg

20180218_154800.jpg

20180218_154829.jpg

20180218_154834.jpg

• Like 4

On 2/14/2018 at 23:03, Darrenbvrs said:

did this mechanic say why? 

On 18/2/2018 at 22:09, Gissin said:

did this mechanic say why? 

Hey there. He basically said that by just putting lowering springs on a car without the proper shocks etc will put the cars geometry completely out of line and will cause too many problems. 

Also told me never to put wheel spacers on as they will put strain on the wheel bearings and over time will damage them. 

Maybe those who have done these mods have had their cars done probably with all the associated geometries re aligned etc.

But sounds like more trouble than it's worth IMO. 

This guy is a top mechanic a long time so I accept what he says

2 hours ago, Darrenbvrs said:

Great photos of the spoiler lip. I'm glad I don't like it. Phew, would have cost me more money!!!!

Ah damn it, who am I kidding? I love it. Looks brilliant. DAMN you CreamVrs:angry:

:D :D

PM'd you

7 hours ago, Darrenbvrs said:

Got that, thanks. Sent you a reply. 

How is it fitted? Was it easy?

Yeah, cleaned surface - Warmed up the 3m tape on the spoiler and then stuck on...That tape is super sticky so once you touch some down, it's almost time to commit haha as there's not really a second chance :o

• Thanks 1