Race Blue mk3 Estate

creamvRS

Obviously it looks good in the photos. But what's it like in the flesh? Does it add to the car? Finish it off so to speak?

I had a look at it again on Maxton site and realised it was €110. I thought I'd looked before  and it was closer to €200. Mixed it up with something else I assume. Mmmmmmm!

How do you go on with insurance?

Just ordered wife a new Fabia and there are none available with the correct spec. Basically she wanted a 110PS SE-L in white with black roof, wheels, rear electric windows and rear tints. Getting the exact car means waiting for a factory order but I could get a car from stock without the electric windows, tints and black wheels/roof in metallic blue and then get the tints added, the roof filmed, the wheels painted and manage without the rear electric windows. Very little difference in cost but I would get the £1000 test drive bonus so definitely worth considering.

That was until I checked with the insurers, virtually doubled the premium. We are not boy racers, both over 60 with full bonus and clean licences.

So ordered the car she wants and will just have to hope the bonus is continued after March.

Insurance for the Fabia is going to be about £200. Add the wrap for the roof, repaint the wheels and tint the back windows and the price increased to nearly £400. Part of the increase was simply because it could not be done on-line, speak to a dolls head on the phone who then speaks to an underwriter and they add about £70 for the privilege. But to pay that extra £200 a year for several years made no sense to me when the 3 options factory fitted were about £500, that's less than 3 years premiums. Come PX time the factory spec car will hopefully be worth a few pounds more than one with stick on film and wheel paint.

So, back on the road after 5 days as I avoided taking her out in the snow!

Going to try and whip exhaust trims off and get them powder coated later in the week along with the strut bar.

Purchased a used R600 intake, used Racingline intake elbow and a brand new racingline blue hose to connect them :D SUCK SUCK!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KevC_Derby said:

I’m sure I’ve seen you around Chesterfield or Mansfield. I’m right on J28 and in laws are just North of Chezzy.

Probably - I'm in Chesterfield and was at Center Parcs end of the other weekend :) Flash if you see me :D

I'll probably not use the F1 A3s until a few months time when weather is nicer.

Strut bar has gone to the powder coaters - Ordered same colour paint for brake calipers :D

No chance to fit induction - Trying to get ahold of a downpipe down with a sports cat.

Also just ordered a proper black gloss grille surround rather than my chromed/matt black plastidip version.

ALLLLLLSOOO just got a nice snow foam lance for Nilfisk washer to test out!

So...proper grille surround arrived. 

Got strut bar back...i asked for Porsche acid green....not metallic skoda green. Time to redo next week at another place with calipers.

Also got gel plates with a short rear!

20180315_212227.thumb.jpg.27c006325348919d4222acaa526aba0c.jpg20180315_212513.thumb.jpg.19210716a8ae8991ddcfba9dee0196ad.jpg20180315_214936.thumb.jpg.145c5196157e2bf13ec7b4e810d23937.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phillips said:

Woah that’s a interesting colour! :thumbup:

And the wrong colour!

This is the concept I'm going for with calipers and same colour strut bar:

2018-porsche-panamera-turbo-s-e-hybrid-review.jpg

• Like 2