Some queries regarding replacing wing mirror indicator

Hi all,

I have a 2007 1.6 FSI Elegant.

I noticed yesterday that the wing mirror indicator on the passenger side is not working (but the puddle light is working).

I also noticed that the indicator is working on the drivers side, but the puddle light is NOT working!

I have been reading up on what part I need and it looks like 1Z0949101D (which is the one that includes the puddle light).

However, I am not that bothered about having the puddle light as it is twice the price!  A part without the puddle light can be found for around £15, which one with the puddle light is around £33.

Is there any reason I cannot fit a non puddle light version?

Also, when I just went out in the daylight I couldn't get the puddle light on the working side (passenger) to switch on  It was working last night for sure.  Is it light sensitive?  Ot is it just being temperamental?

Thanks

17 hours ago, mjgreen81 said:

Is there any reason I cannot fit a non puddle light version?

No, there isn't.  Just leave the bulbs out.

15 hours ago, mjgreen81 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by 'leave the bulbs out'?

So just to confirm, is the connector is the same on both the puddle and non puddle option?

Sorry, Just leave the puddle bulbs out of the fitting all together. (Well, there wont be a holder to put them into anyway).

The indicator light is an led that is part of the unit.