Emblems front and back...

2 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

have you got any pics from a distance front and back, ive gone off my vrs badges now and would love to fit a set of these.

Heres mine :biggrin:

11AD21FE-3A9A-49AE-9C99-3E889F9F8041.thumb.jpeg.c3d7b1e59426258c31c6a6bf60483652.jpeg

• Like 1

i dont mean to question you but are you sure? as my meteor grey paint code is M3M3 and it definitely is, as i bought a rattle can to do the peeling washer covers. Steel grey is 2G2G is a totally different colour? I think there's a lot of confusion because of suppliers on the naming of colours tbh.

Superskoda have definitely got the colour/name wrong in that picture. a bit misleading.

My Meteor Grey badges were done with an aerosol using F7A paint code and are spot on. Meteor Grey is known as Steel Grey in other countries.

There is also a Satin Grey (F5X) which was available on the Mk2 but was quite rare - perhaps that's what you're thinking of?

Have a look here:

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/Emblems/Yeti-Facelift-2013-2017-original-Skoda-emblem-INT-version-FRONT

have you got any pics from a distance front and back, ive gone off my vrs badges now and would love to fit a set of these.

Its a bit dark now but will grab some shots tomorrow, the rear is for next weekend along with debadging the boot lid:biggrin:

47 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

My Meteor Grey badges were done with an aerosol using F7A paint code and are spot on. Meteor Grey is known as Steel Grey in other countries.

There is also a Satin Grey (F5X) which was available on the Mk2 but was quite rare - perhaps that's what you're thinking of?

Have a look here:

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/Emblems/Yeti-Facelift-2013-2017-original-Skoda-emblem-INT-version-FRONT

theres a metal grey and i think this is what SS are confusing with meteor grey,  the only place ive seen it called steel grey is superskoda. strange as the code from skoda for Meteor Grey was M3M3 anyway good to know.

Edited by JohnnyType2

7 minutes ago, Muzza80 said:

Looks great!    Do they come with new adhesive applied to the back?    Cheers! 

Hi, Yes they do.

Just peel off the backing and stick on, after taking off the old badge obviously.

@Pittsy nice de- and re-badging, and n.plate. Looking at going for short, permanent plates myself soon - although the stamped look is also very nice.

Do you refer to the car as the 'WMD-mobile'? Could always carry round a cardboard cutout of Matt Damon from Green Zone just to complete the look... ;)

• Haha 1

On 14/02/2018 at 08:32, Ads230 said:

@Pittsy nice de- and re-badging, and n.plate. Looking at going for short, permanent plates myself soon - although the stamped look is also very nice.

Do you refer to the car as the 'WMD-mobile'? Could always carry round a cardboard cutout of Matt Damon from Green Zone just to complete the look... ;)

Nah you need a bumper sticker with Blair and Bush's mugs and the slogan something like "real WMD found"  :tongueout:

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2018 at 08:32, Ads230 said:

Luckily I look a bit like Matt Damon.... Only older, fatter and not so good looking :biggrin:

• Haha 1

So it continues....

Just ordered this little fella from Superskoda to replace the rear VRS emblem, just gotta figure out a way of removing/painting the front emblem :biggrin:

5E0853687RNTA-F9R.jpg

30 minutes ago, Pittsy said:

So it continues....

Just ordered this little fella from Superskoda to replace the rear VRS emblem, just gotta figure out a way of removing/painting the front emblem :biggrin:

5E0853687RNTA-F9R.jpg

Snap. I have also just fitted the rear carbon bumper trim.

20180217_114737.jpg

I am liking the look of that, great job.

I was umming and ahhing about a bumper protector, still not sure if I want to just leave the back looking really clean if you know what I meanB)

4 minutes ago, AndrewE said:

Snap. I have also just fitted the rear carbon bumper trim.

20180217_114737.jpg

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Pittsy said:

I am liking the look of that, great job.

I was umming and ahhing about a bumper protector, still not sure if I want to just leave the back looking really clean if you know what I meanB)

When I purchased the car the bumper had a couple of marks on the top of the bumper just where the lip folds down on the protector, which covers up the damage. I firstly put a stainless version on, but did not like the reflections from the sun and also wanted all the chrome gone.

1508179312747.jpeg

2 minutes ago, AndrewE said:

When I purchased the car the bumper had a couple of marks on the top of the bumper just where the lip folds down on the protector, which covers up the damage. I firstly put a stainless version on, but did not like the reflections from the sun and also wanted all the chrome gone.

1508179312747.jpeg

I see what you mean, the carbon one looks alot better, whilst I had the machine out to polish the boot lid I also did the top of the bumper so it looks alright, if I get anything more serious than a scuff I think I will go for one.

On 06/02/2018 at 14:06, SashaGrace said:

I so want a set of these for my car but I am not paying €90 for 2 badges even with 20% off. A can of Plastidip will have to do for now until I come up with something better!

Agree, The price hurts to think about.

• Like 1

I've started to redo mine, as the plastidip is a rough/matt finish and I would prefer gloss. The front badge has a couple of tiny stone chips in the grey paint too.

Bought some el cheapo ebay badges (£18 the pair), have split them and the chrome bits have been bathing in bleach for a few days. The chrome is starting to lift now. :)

I've still got meteor grey paint and clear lacquer from the last set, just need gloss black and I'm in business.

• Like 1