Which Torch ?

valvedoctor46

yeah it's the one I own hence the recommendation ;)

for the car and the focus beam really shows everything up - also used It mountain climbing and its resisted some long falls - 5 year warranty with it only down side is it's not rechargeable but for the price you wouldn't get one that is  - does eat batteries on full power but even low power is pretty good.

the only other option is free standing halogen lights - they're very good but also get quite hot

• Like 1

Cool. I imagine the free standing halogen lights will be very thirsty. So will rule them out. I have just found a Maglite led AA in my drawer at work. Wonder how that will perform. If its no good, I shall go on your recommendation and purchase the ledlenser from amazon.

maglite.JPG

1 hour ago, valvedoctor46 said:

Nice dog, cool torch. It looked like a god damn lightsaber !!!!

Wee Archie seemed to want to bite the light lol 

• Haha 1

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 14:22, valvedoctor46 said:

Cool. I imagine the free standing halogen lights will be very thirsty. So will rule them out. I have just found a Maglite led AA in my drawer at work. Wonder how that will perform. If its no good, I shall go on your recommendation and purchase the ledlenser from amazon.

maglite.JPG

Well. Quick update. The Maglite I found at work is **** at highlighting imperfections on my paintwork (unless there isn't any;)) Might try it on the wifes FR when I clean it next weekend. Then get saving for the LED Lenser.

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:56, valvedoctor46 said:

Well. Quick update. The Maglite I found at work is **** at highlighting imperfections on my paintwork (unless there isn't any;)) Might try it on the wifes FR when I clean it next weekend. Then get saving for the LED Lenser.

Incandesant is bad compared to LED at highlighting the imperfections....

Mind you I have a new Maglite solitare..the single AAA size....in LED.... & its brighter than the old AAx2 size....