Up gti or fabia monty carlo

stbb

My citigo is now 4 years old and with 50000 miles it's time for change. My problem is do I get up gti or fabia monty carlo?  I really want dsg box but after driving up gti the other day, I do like the up. Both are similar price on carwow. Not sure what way to go. The good news is the citigo is going up in price weekly on we buy any car ( not sure Why) so I have a bit of profit in car for once. Just waiting on figures for pcp on the up gti on Tuesday. What one would you get?

• Like 1

!UP GTI if I was looking. It will be more fun and just as frugal when needed than a Fabia. The Fabia is due for a replacement model soon, making the one you are considering buying an obsolete model, with a knock on to the residual value. The UP makes more sense with head and heart for me.

There is the Mk3 Fabia face lift to come before any replacement. 

This is the LImited Edition Fabia 1.4 TSI 125ps DSG coming in limited numbers. 

Limited-edition-Skoda-Fabia-front-three-quarters-dynamic.jpg

Edited by AwaoffSki

1 hour ago, Luckypants said:

!UP GTI if I was looking. It will be more fun and just as frugal when needed than a Fabia. The Fabia is due for a replacement model soon, making the one you are considering buying an obsolete model, with a knock on to the residual value. The UP makes more sense with head and heart for me.

The UP is due for replacement before the Fabia Mk3.

?

There is no mention on VW limiting production of the VW UP! GTI is there, so they will just keep flogging them / leasing them, 

and if the production continues there will be no shortage just VW Dealers asking high prices for 'Used' ones at 2 - 3 year old while 

new cars might be as cheap or better value. 

That is not low residuals, just VW Dealers making it appear so with asking prices higher than what they give as trade ins.

Buying as a keeper might well be a good idea.

Edited by AwaoffSki

2 hours ago, AwaoffSki said:

There is the Mk3 Fabia face lift to come before any replacement. 

These is the LImited Edition Fabia 1.4 TSI 125ps DSG coming in limited numbers. 

Limited-edition-Skoda-Fabia-front-three-quarters-dynamic.jpg

This looks stunning, but why couldn't they put the 1.5 tsi evo 150 bhp under the bonnet. Would definitely be on my list.

• Like 1

It's something I was pondering myself recently. The Up GTi is going to be a more fun thing to drive, the Fabia is distinctly sub par as a car to have fun in. It is however, a big step up in refinement. The Up is going to be more of what you already have. Watch the Carwow offers, they are including deductions for the £1000 test drive and £2000 deposit contribution in these offers and depending on delivery date, you may not be eligible for the test drive discount, the deposit contribution doesn't quite add up either as you will still be paying interest on the PCP which erodes the discount. Skoda are not very competitive price wise these days. I ended up buying a Suzuki Swift sz5. WBAC really seem to like Citigo at the moment!

I have some good figures from carwow on fabia and had one back with £500 of up gti. Just waiting on figures on Tuesday when vw release pcp figures for up. I have had 2 test drives of up and it will be fun but engine also makes it quite lazy to drive.