Elegance 60bhp rough running with engine management light and EPC light on

Crabman66

Hi all. Having just had a 40k service carried out by my main dealer, I stopped off for fuel

on the way home. As I pulled off the from filling station, the car started running rough, the engine  management light came on solid, but after a few seconds started flashing and shortly after the EPC light came on. It seems to be running on 2 cylinders!

I spoke to the dealer and they said it would be OK to drive in ‘limp ‘ mode.  The car is now back at the dealers and I spoke to the petrol station about any fuel quality issues they may have had. 

I alao noted when when nursing it back to the dealers that the little stop start unavailable icon on the speedo was flashing and there was an occasional beep from behind the dash. 

The 40k service includes a plug change, could this be a dodgy plug or loose plug lead?  

Alternatively, as the car appeared to be running perfectly before refuelling, with the correct fuel, could this be down to dodgy fuel or indeed water in the fuel?

Anyone else had any experience of this type of thing?

If the filling station fuel is at fault, there will be you and many others with the issue.

So ask in writing tomorrow as well as calling them.

That is the Owners, get their reply in writing.   Do you have your receipt, you never mis-fueled?

As to the Servicing, Plugs, Ignition coils, then there is every possibility of an issue there. 

How did the person at the Dealership know it was OK to drive, was it Derren Brown on the phone?

you had Skoda Assist did you not.

There's no lead for a plug because coil is on the plug. So called coil on plug ignition. Just saying as it is hard to help online in this kind of problems. 

I hope the issue is sorted soon by the dealer.