Just given the car a clean..........

And see I have accumulated 2 stone chips on front bumper.

I also have a ding" in the middle of the passenger side front door, more than likely as a consequence of someone carelessly opening a door into it.

I can put the stone chips down to random bad luck, but the ding is irritating :mad::wall:

I generally park as far as possible from other cars and attempt to avoid parking next to anything with only 3 doors.  Despite this (and owning an unusually narrow car) I still get dinged!

Anyway the black paintwork cleaned up well, despite me using a water-less wash type product - gratuitous reflection picture below:thumbup:

IMG_20180202_134627428_HDR.jpg

Edited by pinkpanther
  • Like 3

Good on yer for the cleaning, I can't be a**** at the moment although it's a great day here for it. Nice shine :o

Know what you mean, park miles away from others in car parks and upon your return you have company. I parked up this week in a nice wide spot and to one side as the other side was againt a kerb end spot. What happens then someone in a Land Rover pulls in next to me and thinks I've more room there, so the distance between me and them is back to a door touching gap again:wondering: no damage though.

52 minutes ago, JonBRapid said:

I’m considering giving mine a clean this morning but the rain is falling :( may be a quick one...

It'd not be the first time I've washed the car in the rain (and more recently snow) - neighbours think I'm mad:biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...

Washed mine today, found a chip on the drivers door. 

Will touch up the chip tomorrow. I'll take some before and after to post.. 

I previously used chipex with good results. I still have the chipex kit. So good to go tomorrow morning, weather permitting.. 

DSC_0275.JPG

I have always taken care where I park. My kids say that they need a shuttle bus from where I park to the shop, etc. My silver Roomster does not have a rubbing strip, but manufacturers stick them where they do not work. So far coming up for 5 years I have no dings and only a few chips from flying stones on the bonnet. I had two front tyres fitted and the alloys have been marked by the tyre fitters. Keep up the preventative action. From new I have used Autoglym High Definition wax which requires washing only with water and squashed flies and tar specks just wash off with no rubbing. The paint looks like new and feels smooth to the touch.

Edited by edbostan

Washed my Octavia before the snow came, so looked spick and span throught the bad weather. The car was covered in salt anyway, so this time will be easy to clean. I use a mixture of Autoglym and Autofinesse products. 

I try not to park next to cars that look unloved and never park under trees unless I really have too! 

Edited by threadbear
  • Like 1

On 05/03/2018 at 07:44, threadbear said:

Washed my Octavia before the snow came, so looked spick and span throught the bad weather. The car was covered in salt anyway, so this time will be easy to clean. I use a mixture of Autoglym and Autofinesse products. 

I

I try not to park next to cars that look unloved and never park under trees unless I really have too! 

I'm the same. Always park at empty end of a car park, preferably not under trees too. Also, if I do have to park next to other cars, I try park next to nice, well looked after ones... 

So far I Don't haven't had anyone door my rapid. Just annoying stone chips.. 

Edited by DJG1984
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Family nags me to park under trees in hot weather to provide shade. Yes sap does drip. When parking I also look for well looked after cars especially if the wing mirrors are folded in showing that the owners think the same. I also stay away from abandoned supermarket trolleys as some how they finish their travels against your car. Parking safe can be stressful!

Edited by edbostan