MIB2 Carplay iOS compatibility/issues

zice

So, i'm starting this thread to get your input on a certain issue i found with iPhones and MIB2 units.

I tried 2 different iPhones (5C and 5) with iOS 10.3.3 (latest update for those models) and both got disconnected/interrupted after random times (anywhere between 10 seconds to 15min)

Tried different cables just for the sake of it, tried itunes restore (DFU recovery), tried jailbreaking them, then restored back...made no difference.

I'm suspecting 10.3.3 just doesn't like MIB2.

So the cables are out of question. Also the phones themselves, since 2 models have the same issue.

An iphone 5SE and an iphone 7, both with 11.2.5 worked fine with any of the cables.

Now i'm testing a 5S with 10.1.1 and it seems also fine, no disconnects.

There is one repro iteration i couldn't test: if a 64bit device (like 5S and above) with 10.3.3 has the same issues.

The 5/5C are 32bit and since IOS11 doesn't support 32bit anymore, the good side is that they'll be jailbreak-able forever since they'll never get updates beyond 10.3.3

I'd appreciate your input/experience with Carplay disconnects/issues, but pls post also your iphone model, ios version and MIB2 HW/SW version.

Thx

Edited by zice

• 3 weeks later...