Exhaust tips

On 2/4/2018 at 10:42, themanwithnoaim said:

Hmmmm I'll just make a warranty claim as it doesn't look like Skoda can make it last either

20180204_104016.jpg

Just remove them and get them powdercoated for £20 or so and fix the problem for good?

Sad though it is, this is part of the reason I went for the 280 Superb Sportline - you get 2 real exhausts! All the others you get some daft trim thing.

3 hours ago, edwards said:

Sad though it is, this is part of the reason I went for the 280 Superb Sportline - you get 2 real exhausts! All the others you get some daft trim thing.

Test drove the 280 4X4 L&K WITH DCC & I didn't like it, felt like a barge.

5 hours ago, Muzza80 said:

Just remove them and get them powdercoated for £20 or so and fix the problem for good?

I'm too tight to spend the twenty quid !!!

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Test drove the 280 4X4 L&K WITH DCC & I didn't like it, felt like a barge.

Well that's me told then, eh?  

12 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Sorry didn't mean to be rude, I'm just a blunt person, no offence intended & I hope you enjoy your car

No probs - its the danger with typing, doesn't convey humour/context to well :)

As it happens, I agree in some ways it is a bit of a barge although the Sportline is the least 'barge-y' of them all. With 2 kids, a lunatic Springer Spaniel and a serious cycling habit, as well as needing to tow a large climbing wall trailer and sometimes caravans, the Superb will hopefully be a better tool than the Octavia for me, and we have a smaller car (Yeti) so won't always have to cart the Superb around.

The exhaust thing does bother me more than it probably should though - maybe as an engineer I just dislike form without function - but I knew it would bother me! My current car (superb comes next month) has genuine twin exhausts that turn out under the car and have no tips visible at all, so I am going from famine to feast :) 

Edited by edwards

5 hours ago, edwards said:

Octavia 230 and 245 have two real exhausts behind the trims, same as the Superb...? Or were you going for the diesel. 

1 minute ago, Swirly182 said:

Octavia 230 and 245 have two real exhausts behind the trims, same as the Superb...? Or were you going for the diesel. 

I realize my post is rather ambiguous but I was really talking about the 280 vs. other Sportline Superbs which have daft chrome trim things (on an otherwise black trim car too). Browsing by the 'unread post' tool I sometimes don't notice what part of the forum I am in, and I seem to have strayed into the Octavia bit :) 

To be honest if I were buying an Octavia it would have to be a petrol VRs and I would deffo go for one with real exhausts....they are really nice but just a bit too small a car for what I want it for - 2 very tall kids, dog, bikes, diving kit, trailer etc. 

9 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

very nice! what was involved which brand? what was the cost and how does it sound?

looks like you fabbed a collector on the righthand side?

It's a Fox exhaust. Some welding required:

Apparently it sounds like two tractors...

• Haha 1