Question Superb Sportline

Sean_F

Hi everyone. 

I’m thinking about buying a new Skoda Supeb Sportline in the next 12-18 months. 

I’m looking at the 150bhp 2.0 diesel DSG due to issue with my hip and knee. 

I really like the look of the 19 inch upgraded alloys but I’m worried that alloys this size coupled with the sports suspension will make the ride too firm. 

Has as anyone has any experience with this spec? My monthly budget won’t stretch to include dynamic chassis control which would obviously help with comfort. 

Curious us to see what people think of this spec or if anyone else would recommend a different spec with different size alloys. The DSG in whatever spec is a must for me. 

Thanks in in advance for any advice. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a sportline with the 19" alloys (they are std in the UK).  Personally, I find the ride absolutely fine without DCC.  I still find it softer than my previous Octavia vRS even with the sport suspension.  The only difference is that my set up would be slightly different as I have the petrol 4x4 setup, and a diesel would have stiffer springs at the front.  The DSG I am growing to like, but I have the 6 speed box. the diesel comes with a 7 speed i believe?

You may have more diesel owners answering if you ask any more questions in the superb 3 forum, but I'll help where I can.

Edited by roo

Hi Sean - like roo above I also have a 280ps 4wd Sportline having traded up from the 220ps SE-L model with 18 inch wheels.  I was initially apprehensive that the combination of lowered suspension and 19 inch wheels would result in a harsher / poorer ride quality but was pleasantly surprised .  Ride is a bit firmer but no loss of comfort , in fact feels but more stable although the 4wd probably helps !   Try a Sportline out before committing to a formal purchase - I'm sure you'll be impressed .

Thanks very much Boxerdog1. Really appreciate the advise. I’ll try and test drive one if a can but they are a bit scarce where I live so not many opportunities to try one. But both you and roo have helped me feel more at ease about the ride quality. Thanks :) 

10 hours ago, Sean_F said:

Just out of interest guys. What colours did you both go for? 

Strangely enough exactly the same colour as my previous 220ps SE-L ... Business Grey .   Think it suits the Sportline even better ! 

AE67RPK Side View..jpg

Edited by Boxerdog1

I was uninspired by the choice of colours for the sportline, with green, black, white and 50 shades of grey at the time of ordering.  I originally chose dragon green as it was something different, but I was not convinced so I changed it to Laser white as I liked the colour as well and spent the dragon green money on options.

I'm happy I went for the white in the end, but the more I see cars with similar colours to Dragon Green, I would have been happy with that as well, although it would have looked really loud paired with my wifes orange Focus St.

37917197412_59b42db444_z.jpg&key=ea364d9

24096705218_7aaa940f10_z.jpg&key=eb17527

24096707118_6583eeddd9_z.jpg&key=2fda970

37917196472_274d67e8cc_z.jpg&key=2d80df5

Edited by roo
  • Like 1