LET THERE BE LIGHT

Mickbr

Dont know if anyone else has noticed how dark it is in the rear of the citigo ? i found it difficult to see what i was doing when putting grandchildren into their seats , so i fitted a rear interior light and problem solved :)

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

I removed the front interior light then removed the rubber trim from around the front drivers door , rear drivers side door and the top of the boot just enough so i could get between headlining and roof  .I got  2 outer cables from a push bike and joined them  together, and threaded it through the hole where the front interior light is and pushed it towards the drivers door . Once i could see and feel it i guided it along to the rear door and then pushed it through towards the boot .

Once i had pulled it all the way through i taped 2 lengths of wire to the bike outer cables and slowly pulled it back toward the front and out of the hole where the light is . 

Next step was to cut into headlining where new light was to be fitted , i used one from a vauxhall corsa c as there isn't much space between headlining and roof but enough for the vauxhall unit .

I then connected the wires to the light and fitted it and proceeded to fit all the rubber trim to secure the headlining in place . 

All that left was to connect the rear light to the front and refit the front interior light .

OK so the next bit is a slight bodge but it works , i placed the wires on each bulb terminal so the bulb holds the wires in place to supply a feed to the rear , and hey presto a rear interior light which works just like the front ,took around 2 hours from start to finish   

IMG_0136.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The other option is to just replace the normal interior light with the one used in various Fabia and Ibiza models which comes with three lights. Pop LED bulbs in and that lights the inside of the car up like a summers day. :) 

It lights the back of the car up fine.... Plenty enough for the little lad to see what he's doing when fastening himself in etc.....

IMG_5868_JPG_ca82ccef146735047702c063b4bc2c59.jpg

IMG_6668_JPG_a73bda6723c58dd1e179e58652402cf1.jpg

IMG_6670_JPG_4e3fa80d0e630b6daca0539965af8ae5.jpg

IMG_6671_JPG_4c60208821ecc2f55c7221f508598414.jpg

Edited by WaveyDavey
Pictures added.
  • Like 1