EA189

cssuk

curious checked my newly bought car with a full Skoda history last serviced Oct 17 6000 miles ago and it says there is an update for the above to be performed, do i or dont i its a 170 DSG model

• Like 1

No, no, NO!!!  If you do leave it with a Dealer for anything, put signs up all over the car saying you don’t want it done, and take photos when handing it over.  They have done the fix many times without the owner’s permission, and refuse to reverse it.  See Facebook page “The Volkswagen Diesel Customer Forum (Emissions Scandal)” for a lot more info.

Edited by Liomer

16 minutes ago, cssuk said:

so how do i tell once its done/not done if it has obviously i looked online but is there some screen message on the vehicle that shows it?

You can enter your VIN on the Skoda website for your market and it should tell you if it's been done or not. There should be a sticker on the build label in the boot with 23R6 on it as well, but that's down to the technician not being lazy on the day.