Octy 3 FL - OBDEleven Tweaks

BlueclouduK

I bought myself an OBDEleven dongle for Christmas and I've had a play with it.

I have to say, I'm quite impressed, especially for such a reasonably priced piece of kit.

I started off with the basic version and 100 bundled credits.  They were used pretty quickly, but opening the app every day and "buying" credits in exchange for watching short adverts soon makes the total climb again.

I enabled the silly one first - staging.  I don't care that it doesn't actually do anything other than look good.

I've since changed, high beam  assist memory, heated seats memory, lap timer, DRLs off with handbrake and refuel quantity.  All through the apps.

I upgraded to the Pro version of the app to allow further access in to the car's brain.  

Since the upgrade, I've changed the number of touch-blinks on the indicators from 3 to 4, enabled trailer assist and tried, unsuccessfully, to enable to the left-rear fog light.

I've been delving in my Uncle's Golf Mk7 and so far enabled remote control closing/opening of the windows, staging, plus reset the service and oil lights after he completed his own service.

------ UPDATE------

Managed to activate the near side fog-light.  Schoolboy error - forgot to set the bulb type, it was set to inaktiv.

Edited by BlueclouduK
  • Like 2

I attached to my Mum's 05 Audi A4 this morning.

She's just had a new boot lock fitted and the old, faulty unit had generated an error. That was easily fixed.

Also found that on of the left-front speakers (there are 2) is open circuit and that the left-most rear parking sensor is also in  a similar state.

Given that she only drive 1200-1500 miles a year, she's not bothered about fixing either fault. Neither of them make a difference to how the car operates.

This little dongle is proving to be great value for money.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Made a few more tweaks to Skippy.

Turned on the "off-road" option.  Actually for practical reasons.  SWMBO has announced that towing season is now upon us.  In layman's terms, it's time to get the caravan out.  Being able to keep an eye on coolant and oil temperatures is handy when I have an extra 1300kg to lug about.

I finally managed to get Traffic Sign Recognition to work.  I realise that the SatNav has most speed limits built in, but it's nice to get the reassurance when the speed limit is also shown in the centre of the dash.  It was a bit nerve jangling still as when I made the first of several changes to the coding, an error popped-up.  I made all the changes and then reset the infotainment.  Everything is hunky-dory, even after an overnight sleep.

Just the Trailer Assist to solve.  There are lots of guides and lots of prerequisites that seem to vary.  Some guides claim that I need the all-round cameras, some don't - wasn't an option on Skippy.  All claim that I need the  higher-function rear camera, which I do.  Some say just rear sensors, some say all round sensors.  All guides say Park Assist, I have that too.  I've looked at a guide for the Seat Ateca.  A German forum claims to have it working but doesn't provide any details.  I will crack this.

Edited by BlueclouduK

Hi Bluecloud I tried to get the TSR enabled on my Kodiaq but failed, it kept reporting an error after enabling it, maybe I needed to reset the columbus unit?  Which steps did you follow, was it these ones: http://forum.obdeleven.com/post/10886/thread ?

I have finally solved the Trailer Assist problem!

I short, it can't be done with my Octy.  There are currently two models of "High" camera available.  One with a part number ending 568 and mine ending in 566B.

Trailer assist can only be coded with the former.  I've had a look round and even as a second-hand, salvage part, I'll need to fork out around £250.

I had hoped that as the 566B uses the moving guides, it would be possible but alas no.

Be warned, there is a company based in Germany that claims to be able to turn it on with a dongle and/or appointment for around €100.  I've done lots research on this and improved my technical German considerably in the process, but the sticking point is the camera.  There is a video on YouTube that claims to have activate Trailer Assist in a 5E/A7 but doesn't provide any further information.  My guess is that they used a 568 camera.

I'm happy to be corrected in any Skoda Techs out there know of a work around using the 566B camera.