Buying advice on Superb coming from fabia 1 vrs

Hi all,

Originally posted this in the Mk1 superb section as ultimately I'd prefer a Mk1 but I'm not convinced I'll be able to find a good one anymore so I'm expanding into looking at the mk2.

I've currently got the Mk1 fabia vrs with the 1.9 pd 130 engine, what's the reliant equivalent on the mk2? I've never used common rail engines (I'm after a diesel).

What are the common issues to look out for when buying? Water ingress was a problem for the Mk1 range. Avoidance of the pd140 2.0 engine due to reliability issues and avoidance of auto due to repair costs. 

I've been looking at the Mk1 and the elegance is the top spec ignoring special editions, so I was looking for a motorway cruiser with a leather interior and a the gadgets - what's the going price for a decent example kitted out? 

Completely different cars. 

The Fabia was a small tinny fast car. Scarily fast acceleration for standard. Handled well too. 

Superb is a big comfy cruiser. 

There are plenty of gadgets available on a Superb. I have a DSG 170 and whilst it's fast, the Fabia was more a drivers car. 

Maybe a Superb manual is an option.

See what others post who have a manual. 

The CR engine power delivery again completely different to the old PD. I still miss it actually. 

Do take a test drive in one, make up your own mind. 

I had stock Seat Leon, 2010, 170 DSG - with sport pack, but don't think anything was done to the engine - now Superb 2014 SE, 170 CR 4x4 DSG and after beefing up feels the same or even better - even when it's much heavier car - it pulls like small sport car :) :) :) :)

140 mph was impossible before - now it's piece of cake :) checked on autobahn :) :)