Lowering Springs Skoda Fabia?

Hello Everyone,

Im looking a set of lowering springs for my 2015 skoda fabia, i want to lower it a bit but nothing crazy so that it looks better when i get it wrapped. I will be taking the car to a garage to get them properly installed. 

1. any good suggestions for springs, brands/size etc.

2. will the springs fail MOT? heard a lot of mixed answers for this one. 

I appreciate all answers. thanks!!

Welcome.

What 2015 Fabia is it you need the springs for, a mk3 but which engine / model / trim?

Eibach or H&R would usually be the choice to go with, as to the amount of lowering, 

best check what others have fitted and what they look like with the wheels they have.

there are threads in the Mk3 section.

Properly fitted they should not fail a MOT.   A garage would not or should not fit them if they were to make the car a MOT failure.

As well asking the question in the MK3 section as there are members with cars with lowering springs fitted.

Edited by AwaoffSki

• Sponsor
22 hours ago, KateForbes said:

Hello Everyone,

Im looking a set of lowering springs for my 2015 skoda fabia, i want to lower it a bit but nothing crazy so that it looks better when i get it wrapped. I will be taking the car to a garage to get them properly installed. 

1. any good suggestions for springs, brands/size etc.

2. will the springs fail MOT? heard a lot of mixed answers for this one. 

I appreciate all answers. thanks!!

The Eibach Pro springs are always a popular option, just need to know what engine size you have.

No they won't make the car fail it's MOT.

Damian @ DPM Performance 

Remember you will need to declare with your insurance, 

best check with whoever you are with, there should be no issue, but they are not going on at delivery as a Dealer Fit Option so they are a modification, 

but then you need to declare the wrap anyway.

When the lowering springs are fitted having the Tracking / Camber checked and adjusted if required, 

and the headlights checked for aim to MOT standard.

Edited by AwaoffSki

yea planning on ringing them tomorrow to double check all the details with them. Again sorry for being a nuisance, i measured the wheels front and rear front are a 3" gap and rear are 3 and 3/4" gap will the 30mm lower it enough to give it a better look or not enough. Don't want the car scraping the floor like. Thanks again!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 07/08/2019 at 07:24, hamster_gill said:

Hi, i'm not sure if this thread is still active, but i'm looking to lower my skoda fabia 2017 plate 1.2 tsi ... garage has suggested 30mm all round and just springs. Does that sound good?

The Eibachs are best if you're running stock shocks. That's what they're designed for.

If your shocks are about dead (like mine) then a far better option is to get the ST X by KW coilover kit. Only costs a little more than lowering springs + a set of shocks and gives many other advantages.

• 4 months later...

Sorry for bringing up an old thread. I've gone for the eibach springs. But was looking for a more reasonably priced garage in Sussex. I've been quoted 174 and 250. Just for fitting. Is this ridiculous or am I expecting too much. I have done brakes before but I'm not confident at attempting any suspension work.

On 13/01/2020 at 22:24, cm9876 said:

Sorry for bringing up an old thread. I've gone for the eibach springs. But was looking for a more reasonably priced garage in Sussex. I've been quoted 174 and 250. Just for fitting. Is this ridiculous or am I expecting too much. I have done brakes before but I'm not confident at attempting any suspension work.

I had a quote of £200 without alignment and £250 with alignment when I had mine done so it doesn't sound too bad. Ended up getting them done through a friend for £100 then getting an alignment done after. I'd say £175 is a good price even without alignment.

• 1 month later...
On 13/01/2020 at 23:24, cm9876 said:

How are those eibach's holding up? Are you satisfied with handling and ride quality? Thanks! 

On 16/02/2020 at 19:22, krdza_vRS said:

How are those eibach's holding up? Are you satisfied with handling and ride quality? Thanks! 

They are much better than stock. They are softer than i thought which is quite nice. as its still comfortable to drive daily. and the car lunges back and forward a bit less when accelerating and breaking. they are not super low like the coilovers can be, but i think it looks much better especially the rear

20200209_134917.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, cm9876 said:

They are much better than stock. They are softer than i thought which is quite nice. as its still comfortable to drive daily. and the car lunges back and forward a bit less when accelerating and breaking. they are not super low like the coilovers can be, but i think it looks much better especially the rear

20200209_134917.jpg

Wow the car looks great! Ride hight is perfect like that, but I decided to go with ST-X by KW coilovers. I hope they arrive next week, I'm so excited 😁

On 24/02/2020 at 16:41, cm9876 said:

20200209_134917.jpg

Are these the Eibach 30mm springs only?

I have the stock shocks. When getting the springs installed the garage said one of the shocks was starting to leak. So may need replacing soon. But it passed MOT OK with no advisory.

5 hours ago, cm9876 said:

I have the stock shocks. When getting the springs installed the garage said one of the shocks was starting to leak. So may need replacing soon. But it passed MOT OK with no advisory.

That's surprising, slight leak is deemed as "misting" and is an MOT advisory. All 4 of my shocks are "misting" now, hopefully they'll pass the MOT in late july, i'll be fitting eibachs and bilstein b8's to mine shortly after then.

Edited by FabiaGonzales

On 03/03/2020 at 14:49, FabiaGonzales said:

That's surprising, slight leak is deemed as "misting" and is an MOT advisory. All 4 of my shocks are "misting" now, hopefully they'll pass the MOT in late july, i'll be fitting eibachs and bilstein b8's to mine shortly after then.

Does this mean that the standard shocks can't support the shorter and stiffer springs?