245 DSG with DTUK Tuning Box

Morning All,

My 245 just landed in the UK, sorting delivery out now arranging dates ect.
Iv purchased a DTUK box for the 245 (I wont be putting it on from day 1 don't worry) one thing I wanted to query was the gearbox dq380 how does it handle the extra power and torque? All sites and documentation iv seen it looks as if the torque gained from the box is over the limit for the box.

I know a few on here have got one of these boxes already so advice appreciated.
Also anyone near to Milton Keynes with a plug in box OB11 i think its called?
Thanks

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 08:01, themanwithnoaim said:

Can't find it Tim, have you got a copy you could put up for me Ha Ha

@ClarkyStu Don't worry you're DSG will handle the tunningbox's power, enjoy, I know you will

Im looking forward to it, I know lots of people run it already, i just had my concerns that was all :)

A pretty noticeable difference then?

Has anyone had it on a dyno with before and afters?

11 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Stu, mine has had its software revised since I ran the dyno but, I made some 40hp but more importantly, 90Nm were gained.

Still gotta find another dyno with the same accuracy to run the new software on

Does that mean that the 320hp figure quoted is crank instead?

I've recently collected my 245 and once I hit 2k miles Ill order and get it put in

Quoted figures come from fully run in car, mine only had 2k miles on the clock, was running lower boost software & Tesco's momentum instead of Vpower

Hence, I need to do another run, ambient temperatures have a lotta effect of power figures too, who's rollers you use, numbers aren't that important, its the way it drives I like.

The numbers can look small but the affect on the drive of the car is something else

Edited by themanwithnoaim

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 13:25, hazzaardous said:

The dtuk box adds nice power! I have it on my mk3 vrs tsi 220

I found the best setting to be 3+2, is alot linear and power delivery is very smooth throughout the rev range 

Also hasn't really affected the fuel economy

Howmuch are these boxes new, not from e-bay.

10 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Howmuch are these boxes new, not from e-bay.

About £450 but there's always a deal on somewhere, the new tuningbox has altered to a 6v self powered unit from the sensor connections.

It now also has Bluetooth connctivity for altering settings & looking at stuff, not sure what stuff as I'm too Fn old for all that sh!t but, the kids tell me these advancements "are keeping it real" WTF ?

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Haha 1

I paid £399 for mine as it was on special back in November. 

Really good purchase, I have had to take mine of for the time being due to some warranty work. I had the water pump and fuel pump leak. As soon as my car is back I will be putting it back on as you will miss the increase in power 

45 minutes ago, hazzaardous said:

I paid £399 for mine as it was on special back in November. 

Really good purchase, I have had to take mine of for the time being due to some warranty work. I had the water pump and fuel pump leak. As soon as my car is back I will be putting it back on as you will miss the increase in power 

Is it really an increase in Power or just improved power delivery?

Hi kev, the increase in power is noticeable removes pretty much all turbo lag as Well. You can really feel the increase of torque also. Changes the car completely from standard and you won't regret getting one.

It has various settings to change how the power is delivered so can be set up to suit your needs. I haven't compared the extra power against any other cars tho would be good to hear some feedback from people who have.