South coast performance tuners garages

Luke981

Hi,

Taking my Fabia MK1 VRS to track in two weeks and looking to get some upgrades done before hand (standard set up at moe).

Just wondered if anyone out there knows of any reputable performance tuning companies on or near the south coast. I can see plenty in the midlands / north but to far for me to travel (Portsmouth).

Recommendations welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the replies but have already tried JKM.

Spoke to someone on the phone there and they can only do remaps to a standard car set up on the Fabia VRS which will coat £360!  Which think is a lot for a generic re map.

Planning on sticking in a hybrid turbo conversion ideally but they wont put it on a rolling road after as they don't normally tune diesel vehicles!

Glad they were honest with me but a bit stuck, is there a gap in the market down here?

If you want a custom map - I took mine to someone over in Dorking (swift tuning).

Guy was pretty helpful over the phone beforehand.

It's a bit out of the way, but probably the nearest one I know to you that 've had any personal experience with. They are listed on the quantum tuning site but the guy writes his own maps and is a mate of the quantum bloke (he did offer me a quantum map, but said his was fine).

You can maybe check the quantum tuning group? Try and make sure you get a before/after dyno (I suppose jkm can help with that if the quantum dealer can't) but don't neccessarily go chasing after figures but they do have someone near you.

Yes there is a local quantum guy spoke to him yesterday , he can come to me with a lap top etc

Dose anyone have a recent experience with a quantum re-map?

Was put off by a thread on here though saying they never heard of them and best take it to a well know tuning centre instead to get proving figures.

That thread may have been a long time ago before they (quantum) were better known.

If I'm going to mess around getting dyno before then quantum chip then back to jkm i may aswell get the revo map done there in one go at the big cost!

mmmmmmm!!!

4 hours ago, Luke981 said:

Dose anyone have a recent experience with a quantum re-map?

Yes I had a Quantum map on my PD130 Superb (installed in Portsmouth area... so maybe the same guy?)

Unfortunately I couldn’t recommend them as IMO it ruined the way the car drove.. fairly spikey (all or nothing) power delivery, so I removed it and put a Fabooka map on in it’s place, the results were it was equally as quick, but OE smooth delivery of the power and NO smoke.

I do know someone who had a quantum map on a PD140 Passat and he really liked it... however I doubt he would know a decent remap if it smacked him in the face. :blush

• Thanks 1

Yep th performace done the map on my current car, before run dyno and health check. They won’t tune it if anything shows not 100%. After tune dyno with full print outs of both, check out there Facebook page as have loads of stuff on there and the blokes there are spot on.

• Like 1

http://bournemouth.quantumtuning.co.uk

i had a tune  on my o3 vrs it was a quantum fast map 

it went from 229 to 303 bhp on a stock engine no real mods other than a new k+n airfilter its awesome. loads more power everywhere. i love it, it made a fast car faster its a real sleeper nobody expects the acceleration i have when they see me.