Pre-FL PD105 Battery issue?

Hi guys,

I have a PD105 Elegance and suspect the battery is on its way out (5 years ownership, no idea when it was put on before I owned the car)

What's a recommended battery to put in? It has AC and will also have a 1500w (rms) audio system which will pull around 100a.

I'm getting pulsing lights etc and the windows won't close with the auto pull on the button (gets half way then opens again). I thought it was an alternator fault but have replaced it with a 140a unit which hasn't solved the issue. Figuring the battery would be the next port of call...

I've read an 096 is the biggest without losing the covers but a group 31 high drain leisure battery will fit. Is a group 31 any better? Are they worth looking at for what Ill need? (Seems they're more expensive) No fault codes etc except a low voltage code for the windows...

Type 096 and type 100 are known to fit. Do a search on here. I got a type 096 in mine from ABS eBay calcium 4 year warranty. If you read some write ups you fill the space perfectly with some adjustments and lid goes on. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. I think the Varta E44 may be my next purchase. Budget isn't too much of issue Ryan as I'll be buying it with a new amp and subs when a bonus comes in at work in April and possibly putting in a dereg alternator too. Not completely sure yet.