Changes in MY2019

Superb  Lifting is again moved to next year  so maby new version will be delivered  Q1 2020.

Plan was that it will be introduced end of this year but they changed their mind...

So unfortunatly all aorder s this year and nnext one at least till supmmer will be for current version.

Also now price list will be updated in next days 1-2 weeks with hire prices . significant change will be for petrol due to GPF...

Where did you see the Facelift was supposed to be introduced this year? As far as I know, rumours always suggested it would be mid 2019, hence MY2020.

Changes and new features between modelyears are always happening though, even without facelifts.

1 hour ago, siemi1 said:

Also now price list will be updated in next days 1-2 weeks with hire prices . significant change will be for petrol due to GPF..

Out of interest I priced up a Superb to the spec I got last October. It is already about £1500 more for exactly the same car.

2 hours ago, kriva said:

In the Czech version of the online configurator, the Digital Cockpit is indeed configurable on the Octavia, not on the Superb (yet?).

Won’t be available on the Superb until what I’m guessing will be the 2020 model year. Still not visible on the Octavia here - presumably the Czech market always gets the latest developments first?

Edited by MorrisOx

Just came from the dealership and can confirm the following (saw their internal document)

Engines will be changed according to the first post. Superb will get a virtual cockpit option starting of week 22 (or somewhere around that). Facelift will be introduced this year and production will start in january 2019. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Puuriit said:

Just came from the dealership and can confirm the following (saw their internal document)

Engines will be changed according to the first post. Superb will get a virtual cockpit option starting of week 22 (or somewhere around that). Facelift will be introduced this year and production will start in january 2019. 

I wonder what they would charge as an option for the Active Info Display / Virtual Cockpit ?? Elsewhere in the VAG group it's ~£500 where it's available as an optional extra.  

5 hours ago, rytmask said:

1,5TSI 4x4 and 2,0TSI 140kw will get new DQ381 DSGs

The 1.5 TSI 4x4 I'm guessing will not be available for the Superb right?

Edited by CTRob

Looks like its official:

https://media.skoda-auto.com/en/_layouts/Skoda.PRPortal/pressrelease.aspx?ID=1385

ŠKODA SUPERB and ŠKODA OCTAVIA RS to provide even greater driving fun 
In Geneva, a new powertrain is making its debut for the ŠKODA SUPERB. The 2.0-litre TSI engine produces 200 kW (272 PS), which is transferred by an equally new 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox. In addition, from now on a selection of new specification features will be available for the ŠKODA SUPERB, including the KESSY extended security function (Keyless Entry, Start and Exit System) or the ambient lighting, which is connected to Driving Mode Select. 

Digital instrument panel available for additional ŠKODA models 
The digital instrument panel first introduced in the ŠKODA KAROQ compact SUV will be available for the ŠKODA OCTAVIA, ŠKODA SUPERB and ŠKODA KODIAQ. The panel’s displays can be individually programmed; there’s a choice of different layouts. The size and positioning of the information displayed can also be freely configured. In addition to speed, rpm, fuel gauge or the navigational destination, information about the sound system, telephone or assistance systems can also be displayed on the screen behind the steering wheel.

Edited by ewlmr
  • Thanks 1

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 14:26, rytmask said:

From Czech forums:

• Production stops 1.8 TSI 132 kW (KW26) 
  • Production stops 1.4 TSI 110 kW (KW26) 
  • Production stops 2.0 TSI 162 kW (KW26) 
  • Production stops 2.0 TSI 206 kW (KW26) 
  • New motor 1.5 TSI 110 kW (KW36) 
  • New motor 2.0 TSI 140 kW (KW48) 
  • New motor 2.0 TSI 200 kW (KW36)

All new petrols will have a particle filter.

PS. KW is a build week.

Summer production break is usually 3 weeks including late July (about weeks 28-30)

But appears new engine doesn't start production straight away (week 36 is early September, week 48 late November)

so looks like 2 litre engines will not be available for 5 months (unless there is a big stock batch to use up)

Probably add about 3-4 weeks for actual delivery of the car, so 140KW engine will be deliveries after Christmas

conversions from Kilowatts are

110 KW 150 PS 148 HP

140 KW 190 PS 188 HP

200 KW 272 PS 268 HP

I wonder if the digital instrument display will be available with the current TSI engines? 

I'm not sure whether or not to delay an order as the new instrument display and 7spd DSG does sound promising.  

6 minutes ago, hwr1983 said:

Pity I couldn't wait until After June to order mine - would have liked the Digital Dials :sadsmile:

Well there's nothing on the system the dealers use so at the mo I suspect everything is in the 'marketing phase' 

Not sure what gains a 7 speed box will make, a digital dash would be a good bit of bling but not sure it will be worth the cost after the initial play with it. Then there is the cost of a drop in power from the current unit and a GPF to deal with as well. Happy to have my order in before the changes.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, PSM said:

Not sure what gains a 7 speed box will make, a digital dash would be a good bit of bling but not sure it will be worth the cost after the initial play with it. Then there is the cost of a drop in power from the current unit and a GPF to deal with as well. Happy to have my order in before the changes.

From various Golf R forums, I think the main difference is the 7th gear and revs/economy at motorway speeds.  Seems to be around 2k revs at 70 whereas the current 6 speed is 2.5-3k revs at 70 (on the Golf R)

Other people have commented on improved shift times but I find it hard to imagine that anyone would be able to detect the finite differences involved. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

From various Golf R forums, I think the main difference is the 7th gear and revs/economy at motorway speeds.  Seems to be around 2k revs at 70 whereas the current 6 speed is 2.5-3k revs at 70 (on the Golf R)

Really? I'll check on the way home tonight to make sure, but pretty sure my 190 6 speed auto box is at c2,000 rpm at 70. Is the Golf geared so differently?

5 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Really? I'll check on the way home tonight to make sure, but pretty sure my 190 6 speed auto box is at c2,000 rpm at 70. Is the Golf geared so differently?

IIRC from another thread on here the 280 Superb is 2.4k at 70mph and closer to 3k at 80mph.  Could be wrong and I'm sure someone with a 280 will confirm. 

Edited by penguin17

35 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

IIRC from another thread on here the 280 Superb is 2.4k at 70mph and closer to 3k at 80mph.  Could be wrong and I'm sure someone with a 280 will confirm. 

Yeah, that's about right. Certainly nowhere near 2k at 70 mph.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PSM said:

My SEL Estate is Diesel, which already comes with the 7-speed DSG (confirmed by dealer).  I think it will just be a long 7th for motorway cruising.

Edited by hwr1983

1 hour ago, penguin17 said:

Other people have commented on improved shift times but I find it hard to imagine that anyone would be able to detect the finite differences involved. 

The 220 TSI likewise is just under 2,000rpm at 70mph already, with the wet clutch six speed. They must envisage extra benefits with the 7th cog else why not just use the more eco focused 6 speed box? It would allow shorter gearing, but more of them, I suppose - which is a bit of a downside from the driver's perspective (flat feeling, narrower rev band during normal driving).

• Like 1

I had a Passat GTE demo car last year for a long weekend. It had the active info display. I'm not sure I liked it. Yes you could put the map in front of you but the Maxi Dot type display is fine for directions.

You're meant to be driving so this extra info you can put there could be a distraction.

On the GTE some of the optional displays were useful to see what the powertrain was doing. The same car without the active info would have what is normally a rev counter trying to show what's going on but the TFT was better for this.

On 14/02/2018 at 17:31, CTRob said:

The 1.5 TSI 4x4 I'm guessing will not be available for the Superb right?

I also found this interesting.

Given the backlash against diesel surely there is pressure to provide 4x4 in something other than the range topping petrol engine?