VRS owner tries superb sportline

So as the title says, I've been given a superb sportline dsg 190tdi as a courtesy car whilst mine is in for a service. 

I have to say that there isn't that much different to my Vrs. The seating position I don't think is as good, I feel alot higher up. It doesn't have the fizz through the gears like mine either and according to the maxi the mpg is also down. Don't get me wrong it is a lovely car and I thank Skoda for loaning it me but I just can't see the advantage over the Octavia. I really wanted to move to one of these next but I don't think I will now. I think a bed estate wpuld be a better option personally. 

Has anyone else had similar thoughts or experience with the superb? 

Well, I needed the space, so went for the Superb Estate. It looks and feels more ‘high class’. I was not on the market for a ‘sporty’ car, so I like the ‘barge like’ comfort. And... i don’t get along with the FL headlights on the Octavia :) I don’t like the diesel in either of them. So - Superb petrol. 

I'm just about to order a Super Sportline 220 TSI DSG this week, currently own a vRS diesel but wanted to move away from diesel due to lower mileage and wanted a more refined drive and comfort than the sportier vrs. I was really impressed when i test drove it, looking forward to swapping cars..and forums later this year :D

24 minutes ago, k9matt said:

I'm just about to order a Super Sportline 220 TSI DSG this week, currently own a vRS diesel but wanted to move away from diesel due to lower mileage and wanted a more refined drive and comfort than the sportier vrs. I was really impressed when i test drove it, looking forward to swapping cars..and forums later this year :D

That is my plan in about 2 years time. 220 or 280. 

But, my current vRS 220 does all I need and more. I also sat in the back (behind my driving seat - I’m 6’01”) and found loads of leg room, so my concerns about my rapidly growing children needing more room are abated. 

So, it will be a massive decision whether to stick with the Octy next time round, or go to the Superb for some extra refinement with similar pace.... 

Had a non-Sportline 280 4x4 hatch on demo for a few days about a year ago. It was black and had the silver Zenith alloys. A great Q car - looked very nondescript but went okay ;) 

I found it didn't handle too badly given its size, no worse than I expected.

Seriously considering a 280 Sportline estate next as a company car, a 280bhp Alfa Stelvio or if the man maths worked out, a Volvo XC60 T8 :notme:

The Superb rides really well and is quieter than the Octavia, most journeys down urban roads require the use of an osteopath after driving down them in a vRS. Superb much easier to live with as a high mileage too (parking space issues aside).

22 hours ago, Gti Jazz Blue said:

I was tempted by the 280PS Petrol - however it wouldn't have fitted in the garage with our new Mini (or should that be not very Mini).

Haha so true - I’ve got a Mini 5 door as a courtesy car while mine is in BMW, and it’s enormous compared to the R53 I had years ago. Still got that mini charm though - they’re a hoot to drive. 

2 minutes ago, GoneToBeemer said:

Haha so true - I’ve got a Mini 5 door as a courtesy car while mine is in BMW, and it’s enormous compared to the R53 I had years ago. Still got that mini charm though - they’re a hoot to drive. 

The Mrs had a 2008 Mini Clubman Cooper S and now has a 2017 Mini Clubman Cooper S - a great improvement but a quite a bit bigger.

2 hours ago, Gti Jazz Blue said:

The Mrs had a 2008 Mini Clubman Cooper S and now has a 2017 Mini Clubman Cooper S - a great improvement but a quite a bit bigger.

Was out with a friend in his Superb Estate, when he parked next to a MINI Countryman the "MINI" was bigger than his Superb - it's ridiculous calling it a "MINI" IMHO.

I owned two "real" Minis in the 1970's - 50mph in a Mini was as exciting as 80mph in any other car of the time, and you could rely on them to start rusting on the body seams within no more than 2 years B)

One advantage of the superb is you can couple petrol and 4x4 in the superb sportline but not on an Octavia. It was one of the main reasons my brother went for a superb when he changed his vRS. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Damo said:

I had a mk2 superb estate and loved it...

When my love affair with the MK3 TSi VRS is over I will move back to the Superb, in 280 4x4 Sportline guise

I’m with you Damo. There should be a good few 280s available in a couple of years’ time! 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2018 at 17:04, SWBoy said:

Was out with a friend in his Superb Estate, when he parked next to a MINI Countryman the "MINI" was bigger than his Superb - it's ridiculous calling it a "MINI" IMHO.

I owned two "real" Minis in the 1970's - 50mph in a Mini was as exciting as 80mph in any other car of the time, and you could rely on them to start rusting on the body seams within no more than 2 years B)

"MINI" is the brand now just like like Skoda is a brand and Vauxhall is a brand, Countryman & Clubman are the model people really need to realize this now, anyways back to Skodas the Superb is for me a better looking car it seems so much more in proportion than the Octy, im either to have an Alpha Romeo Guilia next or a Superb 280 4x4.