Castrol Edge

mrgf

Established, experience, Technical Support.  Wonderful.  Buy their product.

Like VW are from Germany and tried to be the biggest manufacturer in the world, seem to still have problems getting km/ miles right and translations, 

printing manuals, brochures, configurators and much else like Co2 g/km, and honesty, so no surprises then on confusions.

No more Das Auto just honesty.  Vorsprung Durch Technik.

Vw had an up to 30,000 miles (50,000km) interval years ago but only with a couple of very specific PD engine types and only with 503/ 506.01 spec oil which is not compatible with anything else. At the time IIRC there was a oil change bragging contest going on between manufacturers as to who had the longest interval. It was quickly abandoned, note 503/506.01 oil must NOT be used for any other engines.

• 3 weeks later...

...And now, Tesco has the Castrol Edge for £24.50 for the same version I first mentioned, £22 for the lower spec.

1 hour ago, mrgf said:

...And now, Tesco has the Castrol Edge for £24.50 for the same version I first mentioned, £22 for the lower spec.

Good spot (LINK)!

Castrol Edge 5W-30 4L
Half Price Was £49.00 Now £24.50
Offer valid for delivery from 22/03/2018 until 18/04/2018

I'll buy some tomorrow for my next service :)

It is also VW504 00 that you can use for Fixed Servicing if you want. 

But on a 1.4TSI Twincharger if you love your car and want it to live long and prosper you might want to do fixed servicing @ 9,400 miles (10,000) 

or less / 372 days or less and use VW502 00 / 5w 40 FS. 

Not to save money on the oil, but to save money because the Long Life Oil is of no benefit to the engine. 

Just give your engine the nice oil that will have it less likely to become an oil user.

• Like 1

On 05/04/2018 at 20:42, SeaGoat said:

Good spot (LINK)!

I'll buy some tomorrow for my next service :)

That's what I have done. I'll keep my eyes open now for agood deal on oil and air filter along with pollen and most likely fuel filter too. 

17 hours ago, mrgf said:

That's what I have done. I'll keep my eyes open now for agood deal on oil and air filter along with pollen and most likely fuel filter too. 

Is fuel filter a straight swap with no vcds pump prime needed ?

I have (09) greenline with 1.4 Diesel engine. The fuel filter is a fairly simple replacement item with no other work then swapping and checking new fitment for leaks. It's even in an easy to reach position, just behind the offside headlight in the engine bay. No priming needed. 

Edited by mrgf