Ovtavis VRS purchase

the sport mode sound is just the aktuator thingy vibrating a sound against the windscreen, the exhaust is the same in any mode, you can only just hear it in mine, might hear it more when its warmer outside and have windows down.

12 minutes ago, chuno said:

Thanks. So is there much difference with the exhaust note on the 230 v 245 when both in sport mode?

Assuming you're talking about the facelift 230 and the 245 then yes. The 245 gets a slightly fruitier exhaust that is more noticeably audible. Facelift 230 VRS exhaust is pretty quiet. The driving modes have no real effect on exhaust sound as poster above mentions.

Pre-facelift 230 also gets the sportier exhaust Vs the 220.

18 minutes ago, chuno said:

Thanks. So is there much difference with the exhaust note on the 230 v 245 when both in sport mode?

That would be the artificially generated sound if you are talking about Sport mode. I don't expect there's much difference. The actual exhaust note on the 245 should be different as I believe its a different exhaust, but won't hear much of that over the sound generator unless you turn it down/off.

Edited by juan27

Thanks for the replies everyone. LOL i am now confused!

In normal mode it sounded very quiet to me, even when i floored it, but noticeably louder in sport (which i assumed was a mixture of exhaust and sound actuator)

1 minute ago, chuno said:

Thanks for the replies everyone. LOL i am now confused!

In normal mode it sounded very quiet to me, even when i floored it, but noticeably louder in sport (which i assumed was a mixture of exhaust and sound actuator)

It's almost definitely the sound actuator.

36 minutes ago, juan27 said:

That would be the artificially generated sound if you are talking about Sport mode. I don't expect there's much difference. The actual exhaust note on the 245 should be different as I believe its a different exhaust, but won't hear much of that over the sound generator unless you turn it down/off.

.........as is the exaust on the Pre FL 230, along with the e-diff.

But when put in sports mode via the automatic transmission stick (push down on D) then there is no added sound actuator - just the normal engine noise with the transmission in sports mode.

Right, i think i'm going to place an order tomorrow.

They have two cars that already have a build slot that are the spec that i want.

One has heated alcantara seats and one doesn't. This bumps the price up quite a bit, as apparently they are a £930 option, but for some reason i cannot seem to see them on the configurator?

From what i can see, front heated seats alone are £405, but these are the same seats?

11 hours ago, chuno said:

Right, i think i'm going to place an order tomorrow.

They have two cars that already have a build slot that are the spec that i want.

One has heated alcantara seats and one doesn't. This bumps the price up quite a bit, as apparently they are a £930 option, but for some reason i cannot seem to see them on the configurator?

From what i can see, front heated seats alone are £405, but these are the same seats?

As far as I remember, you have to order heated screen with it.