Extended warranty premium

ords

Hello,

Have just got a reminder about my extended warranty.

Last year I paid 216 gbp, this year it's 147 gbp.

I've not made any claims, so could this be a reason why its gone down?

1 minute ago, ahenners said:

That's very good, I'd snap their hands off at that.

I'd check what it covers TBH, the extended warranty offered by Skoda is an aftermarket warranty by a 3rd party. ( not like the factory warranty )

Major component's might be add on's so increasing the price

1 minute ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I'd check what it covers TBH, the extended warranty offered by Skoda is an aftermarket warranty by a 3rd party. ( not like the factory warranty )

Major component's might be add on's so increasing the price

Agreed, it's not quite the same - had a few issues when mine was under Approved Used. That said... £147 is far better than the £600+ my 35k mileage VRS is quoted at. Probably very little difference in costs to repair too.

Just now, ahenners said:

Agreed, it's not quite the same - had a few issues when mine was under Approved Used. That said... £147 is far better than the £600+ my 35k mileage VRS is quoted at. Probably very little difference in costs to repair too.

Very true, bit theres nothing worse than putting in a claim thinking your covered when infact you are not.

Skoda Warranty bought at the end of the manufacturers warranty, 

maybe shows as a 3rd party Underwriter, but owned be the VW Group. 

They might like arms length, but they are still a business that likes money.

Extended Warranty from ŠKODA Insurance – putting ŠKODA into your insurance..mhtml

Edited by AwaoffSki

13 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Very true, bit theres nothing worse than putting in a claim thinking your covered when infact you are not.

Agreed. OP is not taking out a new cover but an extension of the one he had last year. Unless the terms/cover has changed significantly, then I'd assume OP was happy with cover level for last year and therefore is happy to extend it for another year :)

23 minutes ago, ords said:

Thanks for all the replies.

I haven't made any claims so I don't know what problems I'll run into.

Untitled.jpg

For £15 a month that's a pretty comprehensive cover and I don't think you could get cheaper or better coverage elsewhere. I'm looking at £45 a month for the same cover on the VRS :sadsmile:

2 hours ago, ahenners said:

For £15 a month that's a pretty comprehensive cover and I don't think you could get cheaper or better coverage elsewhere. I'm looking at £45 a month for the same cover on the VRS :sadsmile:

But mine is a lowly 1.6 tdi :envy:

19 minutes ago, ords said:

But mine is a lowly 1.6 tdi :envy:

Yes but in terms of warranty repairs etc. I can't imagine the 1.6 TDI really costs any more to repair or replace parts than the VRS. Sure they have different wheels, bumpers, seats etc. but regardless they are both still 4 cylinder Octavias. There's nothing inherently more complex about a 2.0 VRS with DSG than a 1.6 SE with DSG, especially to make it 3 times as expensive. 

BMW's pricing on warranty is much simpler in that it's the same cost regardless of which trim level/engine/gearbox combination you have.

Edited by ahenners

The £250 excess means that you pay a minimun £397.02 in the event of a claim. I imagine that most common/minor faults could be fixed for less than this ammount, but items like major engine or turbo failures would save you a great deal of money.

• Like 1