Delivery times

cjrp

19 minutes ago, Eagerforupdate said:

Hi all,

i was given a BW8 and the status for past one week is Build completed and awaiting delivery to the Port of Exit !!!!

It doesn't seem to move from here. Do just wondering if anyone from BW8 has a better update. When I asked them how long would it be from this stage they are saying could be up to 4 weeks.

I’m BW8 and when I spoke to my dealer on Monday the car was on its way to Germany.

He thinks it should arrive to them w/c 21st March.

Edited by TheRoq

2 hours ago, Eagerforupdate said:

Hi all,

i was given a BW8 and the status for past one week is Build completed and awaiting delivery to the Port of Exit !!!!

It doesn't seem to move from here. Do just wondering if anyone from BW8 has a better update. When I asked them how long would it be from this stage they are saying could be up to 4 weeks.

If I get mine by the end of next week it will have been 4 weeks from arriving at the German port, 2 weeks from unloading at Grimsby. Not sure if there has been any delay due to the snow in Europe.

5 minutes ago, pryorkshire said:

If I get mine by the end of next week it will have been 4 weeks from arriving at the German port, 2 weeks from unloading at Grimsby. Not sure if there has been any delay due to the snow in Europe.

Do you know if DMK Bradford get theirs via Grimsby?

Thanks for your response Roq n pry

Roq, am expecting the car in Surrey.

From the time it reaches the dealer how long do they prep the car? My dealer last month had said the car can be delivered 3rd week of March but now thinks after 4th week! The sport of exit update was from Skoda, how much I wish could have more clarity on dates...

Mine (BW7) arrived at the dealer on Tues, and he said prep takes 24 - 48hrs so it should be ready for collection Fri/Sat. The whole order went...

28th December - Ordered

12th-18th Feb (BW7) - Built

22nd Feb - Arrived at UK port

6th March - Arrived at dealer

Thanks crjp, that gives me a fair idea and yay mine is BW8 

Sorry about my naive question- First time new car buyer

what r the things to do b4 you collect?

Reg plate - I take it v needn't worry unless going for personalised one.

GAP insurance- any suggestions?

Insurance - will I get the ref no from the dealer b4 collection days for me to ensure I have a valid insurance when I drive my car from the dealer?

what sort of checks I need to make while collecting the car?

Thanks in advance  

When I collected my new Yeti in Sept 2010, I got free insurance for a week I think which enabled the vehicle to be driven without the dealer worrying that I might not have organised it in my excitement.

Was either for a week or 48hrs, I've forgotten, but it was helpful.

• Like 1

I understand there is an issue stopping the completion of some Karoqs in the Skoda plant at the moment

My dealer has been very good at keeping me informed of the build situation, but my car (BW8) was started on the 23rd of February and they couldn't understand why the status was not updating subsequently.

They asked Skoda UK about it and they said that the car had got to stage 7 (out of 8) in the factory, and even supplied the VIN number. They thought maybe it was an updating glitch.

This morning, after further enquiries, my dealer got an email stating "...there are issues stopping this car from being fully completed on the production line....."

The email to my dealer suggests that my car is not unique. It's a generic email with a list of the other Karoqs in the same situation, including another two for my dealer and Karoqs for other dealers as well.

(Mine is a !.5TSI DSG Edition - the other two dealer cars are a diesel and a manual, both Edition versions )

Has anyone else heard anything?

Mike

1 hour ago, Boiledbeef said:

Are your seats Alcantara..? There has been posts (Kodiak forum I think, maybe Karoq as well) that there has been a shortage of that material.

1 hour ago, Boiledbeef said:

I understand there is an issue stopping the completion of some Karoqs in the Skoda plant at the moment

My dealer has been very good at keeping me informed of the build situation, but my car (BW8) was started on the 23rd of February and they couldn't understand why the status was not updating subsequently.

They asked Skoda UK about it and they said that the car had got to stage 7 (out of 8) in the factory, and even supplied the VIN number. They thought maybe it was an updating glitch.

This morning, after further enquiries, my dealer got an email stating "...there are issues stopping this car from being fully completed on the production line....."

The email to my dealer suggests that my car is not unique. It's a generic email with a list of the other Karoqs in the same situation, including another two for my dealer and Karoqs for other dealers as well.

(Mine is a !.5TSI DSG Edition - the other two dealer cars are a diesel and a manual, both Edition versions )

Mike

Our car was BW8, made it to the final stage then went missing off the system with around 100 other cars. It's still at the factory and we've been told to expect delivery sometime in April now.

I go on holiday from the 7th so we will probably take delivery on the 15th if it's arrived.

(Car is a 1.5tsi edition)

Edited by Nicky_P

I understand that there are completed, UK bound Karoqs built after BW8, so why would they park 100 cars and then carry on making new ones?

I don't think it has anything to do with losing them on the system - the car is not allocated a firm BW until all of the component parts are in the computer build pipeline (factory or supplier), so the system knows exactly where every component is - it sounds as though they have diverted resource/parts to later builds for some reason

From the VIN I was given for my part built car, they are coming out of the main plant, Mlada Boleslav. (the 11th character in the VIN is "2")

This is the second Karoq production line, set up at the turn of the year.

Skoda UK hope to come up with an explanation From HQ by Monday I was told

• Like 1

I've not had any information from my dealer about my BW8 1.5 Edition.  Supposed to have been ready to be loaded on to a ship last Friday to Sheerness but the storm messed that up.

I chased the dealer yesterday but they said they'd been expecting a phone call about where the car is but it never came.  They were supposed to update me today but haven't.  Got a feeling my car is one of those 100.

I was told mine is stuck at the same bw9 status 10 on the system because it’s being built at a another factory to what was first allocated, and they haven’t updated the system, I was told on Tuesday it’s been built and it’s on it’s way to the UK, today I checked after seeing above posts and it’s still at the end of the line waiting final checks, same as last week, all these updated by Skoda UK. Ive given up, I don’t think Skoda UK have a clue. I even escalated to customer complaints and had a phone call off VAG on Wednesday, he said he would  keep me informed daily because I had raised a complaint for lack of information, guess what I’m still waiting today.

5 hours ago, TheRobinK said:

Are your seats Alcantara..? There has been posts (Kodiak forum I think, maybe Karoq as well) that there has been a shortage of that material.

I’ve got an Sel coming, Alcantara seats, pick up in a week. 

On 3/7/2018 at 18:45, boff180 said:

You signed an order with the dealer at a specific cost/deposit/repayment for an on the road vehicle didn’t you?

I’d argue they entered into a contract with you and (at the time) that Ved increase was already known (I ordered on the 15th Jan and it was factored in for an April delivery) and that it’s their error and they should be stomaching the increase as their errror. If I recall correctly the new rates were announced in the November budget!

Its on a lease, using my car allowance to pay it. So no, unfortunately that little nugget is covered by the contract term of prevailing VED at the time of delivery.

13 minutes ago, Eagerforupdate said:

The only trouble is my contract with the old car finished few weeks back and I was hoping it wouldn't be a major issue as the new one is coming in a week!!!'

I'm in a similar position. My current car goes back on 28th of this month and new one is now delayed to 15th April. If it goes back anymore I'll be straight onto Pistonheads looking for a deal available now and cancel this order.