Delivery times

cjrp

9 hours ago, Arkaig said:

For those awaiting new arrivals, just have patience!  

Yep. It'll come it'll come ( I keep telling myself! ).

Mine's BW9 and was in transit to the port according to Tuesday's update. But we'll see.

Ours is/was BW9 and last Monday we were told it'd gone to Status 30, apparently meaning it  was en-route or waiting for a transporter to Emden.

I've heard elsewhere of a 1.5 SE DSG ordered Feb 10th and with the UK dealer already. That seems incredibly fast for a car built to an order? Perhaps it was already built and sat in a compound?

I have a friend who works at Nissan in quality dept, and he says if any cars drop out they have to wait a slot, so the orders are kept on time and so everyone else is unaffected.

22 minutes ago, Karman said:

I have a friend who works at Nissan in quality dept, and he says if any cars drop out they have to wait a slot, so the orders are kept on time and so everyone else is unaffected.

That makes sense from a business point of view. They already have many disappointed customers so why add more to the mix.

On the plus side at least the seats are a quick and easy install when they arrive.

We're hopeful ours will be ready mid April fingers crossed.....

So I would guess we will have to wait until the supplier of the seats makes good the shortage, but also keep the supply going so the build line does not to stop. So people in bw10 or bw11 may get their cars before us.

I was at BW13 about 2 weeks ago. I could take the car without rear seats and retro-fit them when available as I hardly ever have back seat passengers! :D Mum could roll about in the extended boot area. Or fully stretch out and have a nap (she's 88)

Hmmm. I have an unconfirmed BW 19. Ordered last week in Jan. Of course that was of last Saturday so could have moved by now but I wouldn't know as I have to chase the business manager for the update.

16 minutes ago, GlosJanner said:

Hmmm. I have an unconfirmed BW 19. Ordered last week in Jan. Of course that was of last Saturday so could have moved by now but I wouldn't know as I have to chase the business manager for the update.

Actually that BW was as of 13th Feb and having just asked Live Chat if they had any better information I was told first that it was unconfirmed as BW19 and then when asked when I ordered the car was told that it is built in a different factory and it may be built but just not updated on their system.  Not sure I will be holding my breath on that statement.

I hope that’s right.

I didnt think it would take long to fix, wouldnt even need any tools to fit varioflex seats.

They probably sent the cleaner out to do it.

17 hours ago, George1468 said:

Just been to order my car asked why some of cars are held up? he said cars are at port  as simple fix and some where on ship yesterday 2 off his car are on the way someone will be happy

Ahh how much I wish that's the case of all 200 cars affected in that BW8 !!!!

9 minutes ago, Eagerforupdate said:

Seriously you are! Good for you, did your dealer notify this information to you?

Yeah, she emails me every week with an update, spoke to her on Thursday and she said it could be any day now. 

2 hours ago, Eagerforupdate said:

When my dealer has been told that there is a delay in production., Skoda customer service still sticks to the update that built completed and going through final checks.. don't know who to believe 

I get the same message off Skoda for the last couple of weeks, I would believe your dealer.

hi  1st post   ordered 1.5 SEL on 19th Jan  petrol blue  1 or 2 other extras    quoted delivery end of March   4 weeks ago quoted bw14  not confirmed   Friday was quoted bw15  again not confirmed    is the production line going backwards??  suppose will just have to learn patience

I called up Skoda customer services and they seem to confirm there is a delay and they will apparently give an update (not sort out the delay and complete build) end of this week or next week!!!!!

i have registered a complaint now - when they are saying there is a delay just a week before expected delivery date they should have a more decent update. I am sry disappointed, waiting to get a call from the case manager.

does anyone have a better update?

Good luck with your complaint, I have a complaint in for the very same thing, the case manager phoned me last wed with a promise of a further update the next day, no call, I am now about to put a complaint in against the complaint, or total lack of communication and total disregard to their customers.