Delivery times

cjrp

Similar situation to Eagerforupdate

I called Customer Care last Thursday because a very frustrated Dealer was trying hard but not getting any answers

I was given a Case Number and the following day, 9th March, my Case Manager called to say there was a problem with seats  She had absolutely no idea when it might be resolved, but she would call me every 10 DAYS !!!!!!!!

Whoopee I thought, what a great way to treat a long term Skoda Customer

Karman and BoiledBeef

Absolutely terrible customer service... 

my dealer now says he is happy to refund my deposit!!! After waiting for so long only to go n start everything all over again... am very ****ed off. I can't believe Skoda can get away so easily like this though! 

Shocking customer service, I have just rang them, the person who took my call does not know what the hold up is, but a team is now looking into it because there is a few now, no ****,  he did say my complaint went to the wrong person though and it is now going to the right one!!!! And I will be getting a regular updates now and somebody personally dealing with me.

What a joke Skoda are, it makes you want to cancel and get a Ateca because Seat where great with my Leon, and I can’t blame my dealer,  he can only see what’s on the screen and he’s been doing all he can.

If our cars are delayed into April we will have to pay the higher first year VED cost, especially if its a diesel.

Are we expected to pay that or will Skoda pay it seeing as its their delay?

24 minutes ago, Karman said:

Shocking customer service, I have just rang them, the person who took my call does not know what the hold up is, but a team is now looking into it because there is a few now, no ****,  he did say my complaint went to the wrong person though and it is now going to the right one!!!! And I will be getting a regular updates now and somebody personally dealing with me.

What a joke Skoda are, it makes you want to cancel and get a Ateca because Seat where great with my Leon, and I can’t blame my dealer,  he can only see what’s on the screen and he’s been doing all he can.

So they have promised an update but still don't know the current state is it??? Someone posted yesterday that some dealer said seat issue is sorted now right?

Not to me he didn't, just they are aware of a problem with some vehicles at the end of the build line and the systems not updated, they don't know why but have a team looking into it.

Karoq SE 1.0 TSI DSG ordered 22/01 and allocated build week 9.

Dealer just rang. That's a first. We usually have to chase him.

The car is at Emden waiting on a ship and we should have it by the month end. 

To update next week :thumbup:

You lucky sod you, I am pleased for you, bet your getting all excited again, Mine should have been bw9, in fact it’s still bw9 status 10, oh but I forgot they haven’t updated there systems. It’s stuck in quality control apparently.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Karman said:

Do you think Skoda UK take a look at the forums, because I hope they do and see what we think of their so called customer service.

Even if they did, do you think they really care? If you cancel and buy elsewhere, there are plenty more people who are unaware of the issue you (and many others)  are experiencing and will buy due to motoring press hype around the Karoq and Kodiaq. 

Since Škoda decided to chase  the business user over retail, Customer Service has become a dim and distant memory. 

This will probably be my first and last Škoda because of their atrocious attitude to customer service and to the customer in general. 

2 minutes ago, Fin69 said:

This will probably be my first and last Škoda because of their atrocious attitude to customer service and to the customer in general. 

Are you talking dealers or just Skoda in general ?

I am lucky in the fact my Karoq is in the UK and I'm just waiting for my existing lease to finish before I collect it, but I certainly can't complain about the dealer support, I've had plenty of email updates detailing how things were progressing.

I hope you all manage to get yours sorted soon.

• Like 1

I don’t have a Karoq on order in fact I’ve jumped ship and gone for a Subaru XV 2018 partially as a result of taking to the franchise manager at my Skoda dealers where I’ve purchased 3 Yeti.  Each Yeti took a long time for delivery and each one was a pain to track partially I think as the cars were RH drive which obviously requires slightly different parts for some parts of the build so nit the volume of parts that there would be in the supply chain for LH drive cars.  Many Yeti owners will remember the pano sunroof issues, my last car was delayed because of an issue over which type of coolant was to be filled in the dehumidifier?

I was told that with the current production allocations etc., the dealership would not be able to look at a bespoke spec’d car for delivery probably before Aug/Sept.  they would not negotiate a P/X on my car as the current devaluation (diesel) was so high.  Far too complicated so I needed to look elsewhere.

I feel for you guys waiting but hang on in there, it looks to be a great car and I’m sure it will be worth the wait frustrating as it is right now.

• Like 2

Hi 

I am a returning customer having had a previous Superb. I ordered my 1.6 TSI Edition in petrol blue with beige seats with heated windscreen last Tuesday (March 6th). Just had an e mail from my dealer saying the build date is April 2nd and the car should be delivered late April early May.

Given some of the stories on here I feel extremely lucky.

34 minutes ago, NigelH said:

Hi 

I am a returning customer having had a previous Superb. I ordered my 1.6 TSI Edition in petrol blue with beige seats with heated windscreen last Tuesday (March 6th). Just had an e mail from my dealer saying the build date is April 2nd and the car should be delivered late April early May.

You ARE extremely lucky.................................I didn't think Skoda had a 1.6TSi engine.  :o

Not only Skoda that have supply issues. My son ordered a BMW 340 last year and 4 weeks before it was due to be delivered he was told that there was a shortage of engines and there would be a 3 month delay. In all he waited 6 months, luckily he wasn't in a hurry to get the car.

Called in at Hayselden Skoda this morning and my 1.5 Edition should be delivered this week, 2 weeks earlier than expected when I ordered it in early Jan.  Cannot fault them in keeping me informed of where the car has been in production.

However due to the number of cars ordered for March registration there is a delay getting all the various Skoda and VW cars out of Grimsby.  Mine was offloaded on 5th March and it will have taken 10 days to get down the M180, about 1 hours drive!

• Like 1

Picked mine up this morning, really impressed with it so far. The start/stop does seem a bit keen, but if I'm only lightly pressing the brake or slightly rolling forward it stays off - so it's manageable. The 1.5 has plenty of grunt, and I think that it sounds pretty good (to my ear anyway, maybe I got too used to the diesel rumble). Finding the speedo a bit hard to read, but I'm used to the Civic which had a massive numerical display.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NigelH said:

Hi 

You haven't got it yet ;)

• Haha 1

Guys,

I detect an unease in the VW group. I currently own a Feb 2015 170 TDi Elegance and wanted to stay with Skoda. My choice was to be a 190 Karoq, however despite the car being available in Eu there was no delivery date forecast for the UK market. I therefore decided to look around and in late Feb settled on a Tiguan SEL 190 DSG to be told Jun/Jul delivery. In fact it turns out the car won't be in UK until Aug ! If I had chosen an R line, it wouldn't be here until after Christmas ! When I questioned the delay, I was told world-wide shortage of DSG gearboxes :speechless: and something to do with the Euro/£ exchange ! Is it BREXIT or something in the VAG world that is not quite right ?

M

6 minutes ago, dmhrollings said:

How do you find out when your build week is please I am new to all this. I have ordered a 1.5 sel karoq

Hi,

If you have an order number then your dealer should be able to provide a build week.