Delivery times

cjrp

Given up waiting on the Karoq, ordered a Volvo XC40 D4 First Edition (190ps Diesel 4x4 8spd Auto yesterday. £8k more than the Karoq but worth it, stunning looks & way more luxurious interior, including a digital cluster. Volvo dealer gave me a trade in on my Superb L&K £1.5k higher than Skoda or VW were offering. Delivery expected mid June...

PCP mthly payments are only £35 more than I was quoted on the Karoq due to the XC40s higher residual.

Edited by Rifleman

9 hours ago, Rifleman said:

Given up waiting on the Karoq, ordered a Volvo XC40 D4 First Edition (190ps Diesel 4x4 8spd Auto yesterday. £8k more than the Karoq but worth it, stunning looks & way more luxurious interior, including a digital cluster. Volvo dealer gave me a trade in on my Superb L&K £1.5k higher than Skoda or VW were offering. Delivery expected mid June...

PCP mthly payments are only £35 more than I was quoted on the Karoq due to the XC40s higher residual.

That is so sad but I guess many here will sympathise with the feeling of frustration and uncertainty.  Hope it works out well for you and the XC40.

10 hours ago, Rifleman said:

That's very interesting. Any problems getting your deposit returned?

7 minutes ago, Luckypants said:

That's very interesting. Any problems getting your deposit returned?

Never got as far as placing the Karoq order, was waiting for wk22 to see if the digital cluster became available. The XC40 “First Edition” is a limited production run of the R-Design Pro model with EVERY option box ticked free of charge. Should cost £45k+, got it for £39k.

Still waiting for a call from the case manager!!! I am so tempted to do the same as Rifleman.. dealer is ready to refund 1000 deposit with no compensation for failing to honour the promise.. but a part of me is like what if the delay is only for 1-2 weeks and Skoda is going to magically expedite the process due to their delay and I would have taken some crazy decision!!!

Called up Skoda, apparently their systems are down and hence y the case manager didn't call me! The person I spoke with was very rude and not empathetic even a bit.

the only update he has  is my car not built yet and could take up to 1 or 2 more months!!!! He can only apologise for the incorrect information given all these past weeks about it waiting to be shipped.

I was BW8, now we're in BW11. I was hoping to have the car by Easter but that's looking unlikely now.

Had another update from my dealer yesterday and he still doesn't know whats happening a week after first telling me about the delay.

The communication from the factory to the dealer network is terrible if even they don't know whats going on.

Hoping to get a free boot mat out of them as compensation for the delay.

I did warn you about the case manager, it’s getting diabolical now, I will leave it another week now I’ve left it this long and then cancel my car for frustration of contract.

Email the CEO; you won't get a response from them personally but they usually have an 'executive team' who handles things like this. In my experience with other companies, these teams are a lot better at getting things sorted than the normal CS reps.

• Like 1

Bernhard Maier is the man you want to get good news stories from, and a bum steer on what matters to customers.

The last Skoda UK Brand Director Alasdair Stewart was a VW Man through and through, Bentley , Bugatti, (Rolls Royce) After Sales etc, Board Member, now no longer VW though, 

gone, 'offski',   there was a Defeat Device Scandal, nobody knew anything, a couple of junior techs did it and ran away,

so now the UK CEO had his time with Skoda, with VW After sales / warranties, and now back in charge at Skoda UK.

Check his employment history on Linkedin. Duncan Movassaghi.

Like the VW UK CEO, Paul Willis.    Sales people, talkers, front men, full of guff.

Treat them like mushrooms, Keep them in the dark and shovel them sharn.

If you want proper communications then write to Autocar, Whatcar, Auto Express and other Motoring Journals and forward your Emails 

to Skoda UK Media Department and any other Skoda UK Senior management you find on Linkedin.  that gets their attention.

EDIT,

He is off as well.  Well i missed that one.

They found a mug to from VW North America.

http://www.media.vw.com/releases/969 

Škoda boss Duncan Movassaghi_ 'My dealers can deliver 4% market share' _ Manufacturer.mhtml

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eagerforupdate said:

Thanks crjp.

emailed the CEO Karman?

It was a email address for queries, complaints, I have response to my Email that someone is looking into it (allegedly) and they will get back to me, Now Skoda UK have said it’s left the factory now (whooopy doooo) ....................but don’t know where it is.

37 minutes ago, cjrp said:

Email the CEO; you won't get a response from them personally but they usually have an 'executive team' who handles things like this. In my experience with other companies, these teams are a lot better at getting things sorted than the normal CS reps.

My experience too. The Executive Office teams can be good. I've had good results too from FB/social teams.

CEOemail is a good resource:

https://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-8986&c=Skoda UK-Managing Director

^^^ 

So who has now replaced Duncan Movassaghi in  Skoda UK?

Rod McLeod from the 1st February 2018.

For a little while probably....

Edited by AwaoffSki

14 minutes ago, Karman said:

It was a email address for queries, complaints, I have response to my Email that someone is looking into it (allegedly) and they will get back to me, Now Skoda UK have said it’s left the factory now (whooopy doooo) ....................but don’t know where it is.

Still waiting to hear about mine.  I have been direct messaging Skoda UK via Twitter and they have escalated.  When they checked the status yesterday the car was still showing as being at the end of assembly as it was a week ago but have escalated to a Case Manager, but still no eta.

28 minutes ago, Karman said:

Woww does this mean the build is finally completed???

^^^ 
Did he get cold feet and not take up his new job Heading Sales for VW in the USA.

Like the last CEO of Skoda CZ, promoted then maybe at risk of arrest in the US of A, due to not really being Deaf Dumb & Blind to the defeat devices on vehicles that they signed off or were involved with.

They do have engineering degrees after all.

Before Berhard Maier,  there was The Doctor, like Dr. Martin Winterkorn of the VW Group, engineers engineers, 

with poor hearing, sight and memory.  See nothing, told nothing, know nothing, somebody was being sneaky.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winfried_Vahland 

Edited by AwaoffSki

6 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

^^^ 
Did he get cold feet and not take up his new job Heading Sales for VW in the USA.

Like the last CEO of Skoda CZ, promoted then maybe at risk of arrest in the US of A, due to not really being Deaf Dumb & Blind to the defeat devices on vehicles that they signed off or were involved with.

They do have engineering degrees after all.

Before Berhard Maier,  there was The Doctor, like Dr. Martin Winterkorn of the VW Group, engineers engineers, 

with poor hearing, sight and memory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winfried_Vahaland 

Apparently I was told he was Uk brand manager 

Something seemed to have worked because I had a call from customer relations, and she as now taking responsibility of my case.

So heres what she told me, there is a batch of cars part built all waiting rear seats at both factories, now one factory put entries on the system as they complete different stages of the build, the other factory which includes mine only update when it’s finished build and passed quality assurance, hence mine still shows build week 9 status 10. All the seats are on order to finish the builds to get the cars out ASAP. She hopes very soon.

I hope that helps.

• Thanks 2

Just had an update from dealer, car is being built this week (currently "in build") and should get it 3-4 weeks apparently. This is more or less what I have been given all along, apart from a blip of a few days when the date moved by 3 months. generally I have been given good updates so hopefully this is all promising and the dealer is not just lying to me constantly. 

I guess I will find out in 3-4 weeks...