Delivery times

cjrp

2 hours ago, Karman said:

Just had a call off the dealer, car as arrived and going to have a look at it and sign the paperwork. We must be the last of the seatgate affair, it seems a age since it was built and all the messaging on here about it. So on Wednesday it’s :party: time.

Last Thursday mine was still at the German port.

How long did yours take from over there to the dealer?

I'm guessing another 3 weeks for me.

Has your dealer mentioned anything about compensation for the delay? Mine mentioned maybe getting some accessory vouchers.

9 minutes ago, TheRoq said:

Last Thursday mine was still at the German port.

How long did yours take from over there to the dealer?

I'm guessing another 3 weeks for me.

Has your dealer mentioned anything about compensation for the delay? Mine mentioned maybe getting some accessory vouchers.

15 Days with Easter in between, 2 days sailing to UK and disembark, then 8 or 9 days at port in Newcastle.

Edited by Karman

6 minutes ago, Karman said:

15 Days with Easter in between, 2 days sailing to UK and disembark, then 8 or 9 days at port in Newcastle.

Oh ok, might be quicker than I thought then!

I'm getting another update from Skoda on Thursday.

My dealer phoned me this afternoon, they are getting the car tomorrow and I'm 'popping over' to sign the paperwork.  B)

• Like 1

Good to see that people are beginning to get their cars, it gives me hope that mine may be delivered soon.

There doesn’t seem to be any logical pattern to deliveries, I’m still waiting to hear that my car has moved from whatever UK port it is currently standing. It seems to have been in the country for at least two weeks, but my dealer doesn’t seem to have been told when it will be delivered to them. I understand that the car was built in week 10, so it has taken about 6 weeks so far and I still have no firm date for delivery. :sadsmile:

14 hours ago, Karman said:

All the paperwork signed, collect the car Wednesday teatime. Dog guard is on back order and I have to take the car later when it arrives to have it fitted. 

Faaaaab Karman, am still waiting for a call from my dealer .. apparently as per Skoda customer service it should be with the dealer today!! Did you get any compensation for the delay?

19 hours ago, Cambron said:

Skoda chat says my car arrived at Sheerness on Friday after at least 9 days at Emden.Two days on ship

Ordered 11 Jan;promised mid March

So I might see it this month

Courtesy car keeping me calm

19 hours ago, Tenchfisher said:

Good to see that people are beginning to get their cars, it gives me hope that mine may be delivered soon.

There doesn’t seem to be any logical pattern to deliveries, I’m still waiting to hear that my car has moved from whatever UK port it is currently standing. It seems to have been in the country for at least two weeks, but my dealer doesn’t seem to have been told when it will be delivered to them. I understand that the car was built in week 10, so it has taken about 6 weeks so far and I still have no firm date for delivery. :sadsmile:

I Feel so sorry for you guys.  :crying:

Cambron, I ordered my Karoq on 25th Jan and it's arriving at the dealers today (17th April) and we have been pencilled in for a Friday20th handover.

Tenchfisher, my Karoq was build week 11 and I'm ready for the Friday 20th handover, so why are there so many discrepancies in the build weeks and delivery dates??

Hope you both get your cars VERY soon.

It really does look as if most people are getting their cars in about the 12 week mark -- I ordered mine on 29 December, it was build week 8 and i picked it up on 27 March -- the lease rate was expensive enough so ordered no extras it was just a 1.5 SE L DSG/Quartz grey. I Notice by the way saying that the ride was smooth, well yes coming from the Yeti it is a lot quieter and smoother over decent surfaces but I do find over our pot-holed roads the ride becomes a little less sedate !

Got a call this morning to say that my car would be delivered to the dealer this afternoon, still can’t believe it is finally here. Signed up all of the paperwork and I get the car on Monday. .Just got to sort out the insurance. and see if I can get a better quote from Skoda than the one I got from LV .

I don’t know who was most pleased, me or the salesman! He said the past few weeks have been a nightmare as they have been constantly embarrassed by having to tell customers their cars are somewhere in the delivery chain, but the delivery date is not known. I mentioned BW 8/seat-gate and he said one of their customers still has a car waiting to be released with no firm info on when this will happen. Everything is now computerised and unlike the old system where you could ring for info, you now have to go on line and get unsatisfactory answers. Looks like the customers are not the only ones p**ssed off!

He also told me that if I was ordering now I would be facing a 6month wait. He said they have had to hold on to their demo model as they just can’t get another. They could have sold it several times over, but would have not had a car to show prospective buyers. I said that I thought dealers were struggling to sell new cars, but he reckoned they could sell a lot more if only they could get the cars. Apparently, 1.5 engines for the Kodiaq are now like hens teeth  and deliveries on all models have been very slow. He said he thought the car makers were cutting back their production lines and of course  nobody wants diesel at the moment, even though the current engines are probably cleaner that the petrol ones. 

I’m just glad to be finally getting my car. I hope that things soon work out for those of you still waiting.

On 15/04/2018 at 19:52, skoda1982 said:

Got a call from my dealer today my car has been brought forward to BW18  2 week away so should have it in about 5 week

Had a call from my dealer too, my car (1.5 TSG SEL with heated front screen) has been brought forward from BW21 to 18, which is great news. Should have it before the end of May, before holiday to France in mid-June.

Edited by Kainey54
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ARTURO-B said:

It really does look as if most people are getting their cars in about the 12 week mark -- I ordered mine on 29 December, it was build week 8 and i picked it up on 27 March -- the lease rate was expensive enough so ordered no extras it was just a 1.5 SE L DSG/Quartz grey. I Notice by the way saying that the ride was smooth, well yes coming from the Yeti it is a lot quieter and smoother over decent surfaces but I do find over our pot-holed roads the ride becomes a little less sedate !

Not so sure about the 12 week mark. Ordered mine on 19th Jan and it is still unconfirmed as BW20 and I might get it 21 weeks after ordering it.

Ours was 9 weeks order 22/01 to handover 30/03.

BW9 on a pearl black 1.0SE DSG. Only extras, front sensors and SS spare.

We were quoted end of April, so delighted with that - and the car. Two Yetis before.

Glosjanner

i have to agree with you. 12 weeks is very optimistic. Ordered 19th jan. supposed to being built this week. Week 16. So 13 weeks from order. So even if built this week it will be approaching 20 weeks before delivery  so don,t count chickens!!!!

mine is 1.5 sel  with heated screen and nozzles,and worst thing is that neither dealer nor Skoda can give any reason why!!!!

Update on my week 14 build.

According to my dealer who spoke to Skoda about my Karoq, it is taking up to three weeks from build week to complete the cars.

Not sure how true this is but may explain why my car still hasn't been built.

Dealer was told by Skoda that it will be completed this week.

Has anybody else been told similar?

My Karoq 1.6L TDI Style DSG was ordered at the end of December. I still have not received a BW. Today, the dealer asked me if we could try changing the alloy wheel choice from Triton to the standard alloys, as Triton alloy wheels seem to be negatively affecting delivery times. Has anyone else heard this?

It's a bit surprising as my friend who ordered his Karoq with almost the exact same configuration as mine (including the alloy wheel choice) a week after me is getting his car built this week.

Edited by manlms

4 hours ago, pheebs said:

Update on my week 14 build.

According to my dealer who spoke to Skoda about my Karoq, it is taking up to three weeks from build week to complete the cars.

Not sure how true this is but may explain why my car still hasn't been built.

Dealer was told by Skoda that it will be completed this week.

Has anybody else been told similar?

When I contacted Skoda on Monday, they confirmed that my BW15 car was now in production & said "please allow 2 weeks for the vehicle to be built".

Are all the cars being built at the same factory ? - I seem to remember when the Yeti was popular some of the cars were actually outsourced to Russia. 

Does seem that anything that is slightly out of the standard production models is taking longer. 

Call from Skoda UK today - system down so no progress on delivery date. 

£100 offered is for Skoda accessories. This has been politely knocked back and told not good enough - having spoken to the dealer afterwards he agreed it was not good enough. He also tracked the car as being accepted onto the cargo ship... 

The goodwill gesture has been escalated so we’ll see where that goes. 

Mrs is not a happy camper. Been told if no delivery date by Friday (date of callback) she wants to cancel. Siiiigh.  I feel we’re so close to it now (albeit not definitively) that to cancel would be silly. They won’t care as it’ll give them a brand new pre reg stock car to sell.  

Sorry guys and girls. Feel every post I make is negative! I’m not a complete misery, honest! :( 

Think I’ll go browse used 5 series estates as if we cancel she can have my car and I’ll get a new one instead  :D

I've been given the £100 goodwill gesture too.  Pretty shocking considring the additional month's wait knocked around £500 off the value of my old car so I ended up having to trade it in.  I was going to sell it privately and potentially get £1000 more than the dealer offered. 

Went to sign the paperwork last night. Still no sign of it at the dealer, he says it's not yet been released from Grimsby for transport. Hopefully next week!

Bizarrely, he had two un-sold Karoqs in the showroom! At least one of those will be a demonstrator he told me, which means that Mitchells Skoda will have ex-demo vehicles available if anyone wants to avoid the wait. They have two demos IIRC, a black edition spec and a standard blue SE. 

I have been told by my caseworker that my car arrived at the dealer two days back, still haven't heard from the dealer for any paperwork!!!!! They have stopped calling me since the caseworker took my case, haven't been overly pleased with the dealers attitude with this entire episode anyways.. I am not keen on keeping in touch with them after collecting my car due to their poor customer service. Hence is it possible to take the car protection pack anywhere else?