Delivery times

cjrp

6 hours ago, Tenchfisher said:

About 20 minutes. 

Not sure if this helps, but the phonebook issue fix takes about an hour and you need to sign a disclaimer which they then fax/email to Skoda UK so they can 'release' your car, dealer then gets it taxes, then you go and pick it up.

So you could have it as early as TOMORROW.  

WOOOHOOO

Did you opt for the drivers key personalisation option??

I've worked out how to do it and the manual is NO HELP WHATSOEVER.

On 20/04/2018 at 16:09, sexdrugskaroqnroll said:

My dealer said the fix has now been applied at the factory for those being built and those delivered should be getting a recall.  Can't give any concrete info, that's just what's been given to me. 

Just had a response from my dealer re. my car that commenced production BW15/16:

"Unfortunately your car is going to be delayed I'm afraid, I'm in the process of ringing all my customers affected tonight. Hopefully, it won't be too long though! I'm hoping it'll be a matter of weeks."

:crying:

I’m afraid that I have reached the point where too many false hopes have been raised. My hopes of getting the car this week are sinking and I won’t really believe it is mine until it is sitting on my drive. 

Is this only affecting cars with the optional charger? I signed my confirmation of registration document today and emailed it back to the dealer but the registration date isn't until the 7th so looks like it's at least two weeks until I can pick mine up.

Orderdate was april 11, and was told that may or september it was being built.

Now  found out that at earliest august if im lucky :(( so end of september maybe:(

On 20/04/2018 at 11:50, Panther_uk said:

I really feel for you guys, my dealer couldn't have been more helpful, emailed me a few times telling me the build date was still on track, when it had arrived in the UK and when it got to the dealer, they even had to hold onto it for me as I was waiting for my lease to finish !!

Same for me ie. my dealer really helpful and phoning me every week with progress update.   They’re almost too helpful and due to call again at end of this week to confirm if my car has indeed been built this week as planned.   I only ordered 4 weeks ago and the car is almost arriving too early .....IF, all goes according to plan.

1 hour ago, anna_banana said:

Just had a response from my dealer re. my car that commenced production BW15/16:

"Unfortunately your car is going to be delayed I'm afraid, I'm in the process of ringing all my customers affected tonight. Hopefully, it won't be too long though! I'm hoping it'll be a matter of weeks."

:crying:

That sucks, sorry. 

Because of the charger or something else? 

2 minutes ago, sexdrugskaroqnroll said:

That sucks, sorry. 

Because of the charger or something else? 

I'm not 100% sure! First I heard it was an over-heating issue, but then it was to do with the signal booster not complying with UK regs or something. Not been told anything of any substance, other than my car is going to be delayed :sadsmile:

10 minutes ago, anna_banana said:

I'm not 100% sure! First I heard it was an over-heating issue, but then it was to do with the signal booster not complying with UK regs or something. Not been told anything of any substance, other than my car is going to be delayed :sadsmile:

Hopefully you get some more answers in the morning. 

They've really not been very good on the communication front in my experience. 

I can understand people being jubilant because they might now actually get a car once the signal booster has been taken out.

However, WiFi connectivity has been a major feature of the Karoq sales pitch from day one

If you now take out the signal booster, a major component in ensuring you actually have optimal connectivity has been removed.

I for one am not happy that Skoda has NOT made it abundantly clear that they will rectify their self inflicted **** up quickly BEFORE they remove something I have paid for.

It's illegal to use any active 'phone signal' signal booster in the UK unless under specific licence arrangements.  You can buy them but not use them, one of the quirks of UK law.

Mine is creeping towards delivery. Found out that it is on a transporter on the way to the dealer. The salesman does not know when for sure it will turn up, but has promised to update me by the end of the day. Hopefully I'll get it by Friday for a planned weekend in the Lake District. Otherwise, the trusty Citigo is getting a run out :D

Edited by Luckypants

Urgh 

Ordered my Karoq mid March and thought a 12 week wait was bad, but having read posts here that is very optimistic! I guess I am now beginning to experience the frustration as just had an email from my dealer a week after receiving notification that I had an unconfirmed build date of week 20 (14/5), new email states unconfirmed build date W23, slipped 3 weeks in a week. Delivery anticipated 6 weeks later. 

Got it! I spoke to the dealer again this morning and he was waiting for Skoda to release the car. He rang a bit later to tell me that Skoda was now saying  it would be cleared sometime soon and suggested that Friday might be the best bet, as I am tied up with prior engagements for the next two days. An hour later he rang again to say that his area manager had told Skoda that this wasn’t good enough and 10minutes later mine and several other cars were cleared to be taxed. I picked up the car just after 2pn and spent well over an hour running through its features. I have another session an a few day’s time to learn how to use the parking assist and after a couple of weeks I will have a tutorial on how to get the best out of my Columbus system, although what I have seen so far is pretty impressive.

I hadn’t realised that the adaptive cruise contRol will actually stop the car until it was explained to me. I tried it on the way back home and it stopped me behind the car in front. It’s a bit scary at first, but the salesman says that you do get used to it. I’m already pleased that I included this option. Phone already set up for Skoda connect and I-have Android Auto and a speed trap warning (Radarbot) set up. 

I was told that at some point I will get a recall to install the fix for the signal booster, but was assured that the internet connection was not affected by the disabling of the signal booster. Apparently the temporary fix involves a shortening of the aerial serving the booster, but I don’t know what the permanent fix will involve. I am going to get a device to enable wireless charging of my current phone, as I suspect some of the apps will be power hungry. I must find the posting which describes a shorter USB cable with a right angle plug, as currently it isnat possible to shut the cover of the phone tray when the phone is connected to the infotainment system. Can anybody help me find this info? 

I have already installed the rubber mats to protect the carpets and I have covers for the rear air outlets which I will fit soon. 

Finally, I was told today that dealers have now been told that they cannot order any more Karoqs until Skoda say otherwise. Prospective customers are already being turned away. You may have to wait for your car, but if you have already ordered it, count yourself lucky. What a way to run a business! 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Tenchfisher said:

I must find the posting which describes a shorter USB cable with a right angle plug, as currently it isnat possible to shut the cover of the phone tray when the phone is connected to the infotainment system. Can anybody help me find this info? 

Congrats Tench. Enjoy the car.

I can't find the post offhand but I've been experimenting with various cables to run my Pixel 2 XL with AA. That particular phone uses USB C and there are any number of right angle USB A to RA USB C (or Micro) on Amazon, usually in lengths around 20/25cm. I tried various and found they were all both too long and too short to connect and tuck the phone in the drawer easily.

I ended up using my old long Yeti lead, looped, and a right angle connector like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Degree-Female-Coupler-Connector/dp/B0734HQ178/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1524588114&sr=8-3&keywords=right+angle+USB+A+connector

Bit of a Heath Robinson lash up but I now have enough to play with whilst plugging in the phone, and importantly, it works, and I can close the drawer :thumbup:

Edited by Michael G

Well I had a nice suprise today. Skoda called me to say my car landed in the UK yesterday, at long last.

Called my dealer and when he checked it should be with them tomorrow and I can hopefully collect it on Friday.

Something happening quickly in this whole process makes a change.

I asked about the mobile booster and he said it was interfering with emergency services frequencies.

No wonder they acted so quickly to rectify it!

There will be a modified version coming soon and I’ll have to go back to get it fitted.

• Like 1

Got call from my dealer today with the great news mine could be ready by the end of the week, worst case Monday so all good here. 

On another note. How long after signing and returning the confirmation of registration form were you all able to search for your registration plate when comparing insurance? I signed and emailed mine back yesterday but still unable to search by registration plate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Murph-E said:

On another note. How long after signing and returning the confirmation of registration form were you all able to search for your registration plate when comparing insurance? I signed and emailed mine back yesterday but still unable to search by registration plate.

Can't remember the reg confirmation amongst the forest of bumph - but I do remember the reg no was being quoted by VWFS at least a week before we took delivery.

We just rang ours and did a change of vehicle with our current insurer and had a reduction compared to our 1.2 Yeti. We'll leave comparisons till renewal.

GreaT news Rob, I suspect dealers are starting to put pressure on Skoda.

Murph-E my dealer gave me my reg nr as soon as I signed the papers. They usually have a number in stock and just take the next one off the list. Have you tried Skoda insurance for a quote? I had a reasonable one from my existing g insurer, but when arranging my 5 free day’s Skoda insurance asked for a quote for a year. I said I would be sole driver and got a quote nearly £80 more than my existing insurer. I said thanks, but no thanks, this is much dearer than my existing quote. I was then asked if I would add my wife to the policy to get another quote. This time it was £10 less than the existing quote from my current insurer. Don’t ask me why, but dealer said this was common. I was with Skoda for a year when I bought my Superb, then the premium went right up the next year. I went back to my original insurer and got an even lower quote than the Skoda one for the first year.  May be doing the same next year.