Delivery times

cjrp

Just wondering what people's delivery times were like from build week -> dealer? Mine's being built this week (BW7), presumably only takes a day or two to finish? Then the journey to the dealer via Emden takes a few weeks?

I placed my order for a 1.5 SE L This week (Petrol Blue) only to be told a provisional date Mid-Late June, with a handover W/C 23rd July. Inital dates just before I placed the order was end of April. Needless to say I'm not best pleased, but have been advised the date *will* move forwards.

If it doesn't move forward significantly over the next month I'll probably end up cancelling.

I get it that its beyond the dealer control, but waiting nearly 7 months for a new car is a bit ridiculous. Hopefully the second factory will be ramping up production :-|

This sort of wait is not unusual when a vehicle is built to order. My 2014 Yeti was ordered early Feb and collected late June. An improvement on stories I heard of the 40 week wait for early Yeti's.

As an aside I ordered a new German built caravan early June 2016 and had a handover of late Feb 2017, so it's not just cars.

Colin

Yikes - that's not promising. I wouldn't have even bothered with a deposit if late July was the eta. I'll give it a month to see if there are any changes, then back to the drawing board :sadsmile:

Maybe a second hand Tiguan, or an Ateca from the forecourt. Shame as imho its by far the comfiest and quietest ride out of the Ateca/CX-5/Sportage/Peugeot 3008 bunch.

2 hours ago, clucks said:

I placed my order for a 1.5 SE L This week (Petrol Blue) only to be told a provisional date Mid-Late June, with a handover W/C 23rd July. Inital dates just before I placed the order was end of April. Needless to say I'm not best pleased, but have been advised the date *will* move forwards.

If it doesn't move forward significantly over the next month I'll probably end up cancelling.

I get it that its beyond the dealer control, but waiting nearly 7 months for a new car is a bit ridiculous. Hopefully the second factory will be ramping up production :-|

the intent of the OPs questions already been discussed on other threads but to answer your situation, same thing happened to Ateca when I ask for eta it was 8 months, I was told the 1.4 TSI proved too popular. Now with Karoq.

I did see last week dealers on carwow advertising ready build Karoqs for immediate pick up so maybe check that out.

Edited by vadimo

6 hours ago, cjrp said:

Just wondering what people's delivery times were like from build week -> dealer? Mine's being built this week (BW7), presumably only takes a day or two to finish? Then the journey to the dealer via Emden takes a few weeks?

Ordered my 1.5 TSI DSG SE-Tech late Oct was BW4 due at dealers 26th Feb for Mar reg.

I ordered mine at the beginning of December with a BW of week 4. A week later the car was in transit to German port, a few days later it arrived, the next week it arrived in the UK and on Monday of this week (12th) it arrived at the dealer. It took between 3 and 4 weeks from build to dealer. I'm waiting until march so I can get it in an 18 plate. 

My 1.5 SE-Tech was ordered 20th October, allocated BW4, built BW4, and reached my Dealers this week. I was asked whether I wanted it to be delivered next week, but obviously asked them to hold for March 1st reg instead.

SE-L's may face additional delay because of Alcantara fabric shortages.

Edited by Orville

My build date was week 5, I was told this when I ordered my car in November. I found out today that my car is apparently now in Grimsby (top tourist attraction for Karoqs, it's currently touring the town looking for Guy Martin:biggrin: ) Hopefully with me soon.

I had an email today saying that mine will be delivered to my home on the 8th March. Will be sad to see my CRV go but I'm looking forward to all the new gizmos and not having a deisel. 

My karoq is on a lease deal from a dealer over 300 miles away. Part of the deal is free driven delivery to home or my place if work. As it's 300 miles I asked for a trailer delivery. It's normally a cost option but as there was a cancellation I was got it for free. So it should arrive with only a few miles on the clock. 

Ordered on a lease deal end of November and was built last week (BW7 I guess?). Was told last Thursday that it has left the factory, currently waiting to be shipped to the UK and should arrive in the UK in the next 7-10 days (if that's to be believed)

7 hours ago, clucks said:

How does the delivery to Home work? Does it arrive on a transport with 0 miles or does someone from the dealer drive it? And how much extra? 

It will never have zero miles on the clock.

56 minutes ago, cjrp said:

Mine was also built last week (BW7) and is "released for shipment" at Emden, so presumably waiting for a boat.

Where do you get your updates from, the dealer or can you see it somewhere else?

Mine is being built this week so would be nice to get updates on its progress.

Skoda Live Chat (https://www.skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us - pops up in the bottom right); just ask for an update and give them the order number and they'll let you know. Not sure if their info is delayed or real-time though.

Edited by cjrp