Take that Elon Musk!

lancpudn

• 4 years later...

He's a thin-skinned moron. He wanted Twitter to be 'the town square' with 'free speech'. Just as long as the speech doesn't call him out.

April 25th this year.
Capture.PNG.23292bdf3a98870bdb7a84062467f769.PNG

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 16/12/2022 at 08:05, toot said:

Why would anyone with good intent want a real-time update of the location of Elon Musk's jet?

Would you want anyone in the world to have access to a real-time location update of your car?

The media are finally being held to the same TOS they demanded in the name of "online safety", and they're furious because they thought the TOS were for the plebs.

On 16/12/2022 at 11:40, @Lee said:

He's a thin-skinned moron. He wanted Twitter to be 'the town square' with 'free speech'. Just as long as the speech doesn't call him out.

How is tracking his vehicle movements like a stalker "calling him out"?

Why don't you post an online real-time tracker of your vehicle, assuming you're not a a "thin-skinned moron"?

• Groan 1

The real time updates are there anyway for flights. 

TESLA know where the cars are that others own.

There will be more coming on that as the years go by.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, toot said:

The real time updates are there anyway for flights. 

TESLA know where the cars are that others own.

There will be more coming on that as the years go by.

It was not publicly available information.

The FAA has a program to assist people in avoiding people tracking their movements.

Musk had subscribed to that program.

Reminder: Stalking is illegal in the US and the UK.

• Thanks 1

People are giving Elon Musk free space in their heads, in their homes, and in their cars.

Giving Elon Musk powers greater than Governments have. 

Actually Governments seem to not have the powers to rein in Elon Musk on Earth or in space.

In the future it will be interesting in how these times are looked back on where individual humans can so affect the whole world and the behaviours of Governments and the people.

1 hour ago, EnterName said:

How is tracking his vehicle movements like a stalker "calling him out"?

Why don't you post an online real-time tracker of your vehicle, assuming you're not a a "thin-skinned moron"?

WTF are you on about, man? Where have I mentioned anything about tracking his flight? 

Go away. Go on. Off with you. 

11 minutes ago, toot said:

People are giving Elon Musk free space in their heads, in their homes, and in their cars.

Giving Elon Musk powers greater than Governments have. 

Actually Governments seem to not have the powers to rein in Elon Musk on Earth or in space.

In the future it will be interesting in how these times are looked back on where individual humans can so affect the whole world and the behaviours of Governments and the people.

In fairness, it's a 4 year-old thread that you revived.

What Musk has done, is loosen the grip a particular group has on what may or may not be said in the public square.

Musk has gone from being a hero to a villain simply by failing to play the traditional game: Push the narrative, suppress dissent.

Naturally, the people who benefited from any popular disagreement with them being silenced are not happy.

It's also telling that the dump of insider information at Twitter has gone largely unreported by most legacy media. There are 8 parts, so far. Here are links to the first three.

Part 1: https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1601352083617505281

Part 2: https://twitter.com/bariweiss/status/1601007575633305600

Part 3:

1 minute ago, @Lee said:

WTF are you on about, man? Where have I mentioned anything about tracking his flight? 

Go away. Go on. Off with you. 

Goodness Lee, don't you know anything about the story, or are you just ranting?

Musk banned several accounts that were posting information about the real-time location of his jet, both the originator, and accounts of people like Taylor Lorenz who posted links to it.

• Groan 1

And here's a view from a non RW outlet. 

Apparently it's more conspiracy theory *******s. Why is it the Musk/ Trump fanbois fall down so many rabbit holes? (Qanon for e.g.)

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/14/1142666067/elon-musk-is-using-the-twitter-files-to-discredit-foes-and-push-conspiracy-theor

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/dec/21/elon-musk-liberal-twitter-plans-benevolent?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Edited by @Lee
  • Groan 1

I revived a 4 year old thread because the other Elon Musk thread had been taken down i thought and i was not going to start a new thread but did want to post about a Freedom of speech issue which involved Elon Musk. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, toot said:

I revived a 4 year old thread because the other Elon Musk thread had been taken down i thought and i was not going to start a new thread but did want to post about a Freedom of speech issue which involved Elon Musk. 

Was that the one where Musk called that guy who rubbished Musks plan to save those kids with a submarine a paedophile?

I mean, it was a crap idea.

4 hours ago, EnterName said:

Why would anyone with good intent want a real-time update of the location of Elon Musk's jet?

There already is real time tracking of every jet and turboprop, and probably most if not all piston engine aircraft. So why do you want Elon Musk to be individually exempt from ADS tracking?

Edited by KenONeill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KenONeill said:

There already is real time tracking of every jet and turboprop, and probably most if not all piston engine aircraft. So why do you want Elon Musk to be individually exempt from ADS tracking?

I've already answered that question, @KenONeill

5 hours ago, EnterName said:

It was not publicly available information.

The FAA has a program to assist people in avoiding people tracking their movements.

Musk had subscribed to that program.

Reminder: Stalking is illegal in the US and the UK.

4 hours ago, @Lee said:

And here's a view from a non RW outlet. 

Apparently it's more conspiracy theory *******s. Why is it the Musk/ Trump fanbois fall down so many rabbit holes? (Qanon for e.g.)

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/14/1142666067/elon-musk-is-using-the-twitter-files-to-discredit-foes-and-push-conspiracy-theor

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/dec/21/elon-musk-liberal-twitter-plans-benevolent?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Apparently you still haven't got a clue about what's actually happened, beyond "TESLA MAN BAD!".

Dial back the insults and ad hominem attacks, if you can.

• Groan 1

1 hour ago, KenONeill said:

Consider yourself blocked.

I seem to have lost the ability to block him. How did you do it, Ken? Apparently he's 'far nicer than certain cliques on here would have people believe'🤷‍♂️

Never mind - all sorted. 

Edited by @Lee

I have been Kenned at least twice before but he is good natured enough to reverse it and allow normal service to be resumed, I am feeling really dumb because the penny has only just dropped. - He is my driving god hero Ken Block 😆

On 21/12/2022 at 21:11, @Lee said:

I seem to have lost the ability to block him. How did you do it, Ken? Apparently he's 'far nicer than certain cliques on here would have people believe'🤷‍♂️

Never mind - all sorted. 

Obviously the people in those cliques would disagree, Lee.