VCDS codes for rear fog lights

Hi, this is an old topic but I really cannot find the answer on Briskoda.  I have a 2008 1.9tdi Octavia which I am in the process of importing to Spain.  One of the things that need to be done in order to import it is changing the rear fog light from the right (drivers side) to the left.  I have read on this site that it can be done with VCDS, either swapping the lights or enabling both to come on.  I have a garage here in Spain that is willing to do it, he has VCDS but needs the codes.  Can anybody help please?   I am desperate, I do not want to cut into the wiring looms.

Thanks for the link, Cryonut.  I have raked Briskoda on this topic and not really found any published information that really explain how to do it.  There seem to be several people with access to VCDS who have done it and have done it for others.  With the right gear it may be relatively easy to do, some say it can be done in minutes.  To be honest, I am not exactly sure what I am asking for, it may be just a tick box or it may involve changing a code.  Here in Spain my skoda garage has the equipment but does not know how to do this and has asked if I can find out what to do.  He is all in favour of doing it this way rather than cutting into the wiring and running a wire from one side to the other, which, at the end of the day may well result in a fault warning on the dash.

Is there anyone out there who can tell me how to do this?

Did you read the post i l linked?

Its a simple case of ticking the correct box to swap sides, i cant check mine for you as i mow have a f/l but go quote from the other post "

theory it can be done with vcds on a pre fl model.

It's in 9 - Central electrics then long coding byte 03 and 04, "

Bit and byte will de different as this refers to turning on both lights.

Your also correct in that is only takes a few minutez to do with VCDS.

Thanks for all your help and replies.  While searching the forum I came across this from dstev2000 on October 7, 2007.  Don't know how to link to it, so I have just attached it.

I cannot say I understand it all without having seen the programme running, but I presume that it is all correct.  Can anyone confirm?

Appologies to dstev2000 for using his post.

Rear fog lights x 2.pdf

I had both rear fog lights switched on today at my local Skoda garage in Velez Malaga in southern Spain, definitely not a main dealer.  He had to ask Skoda for the info for doing it on Vag-Com, for which Skoda charged him €15 + vat.  Skoda told him to charge me €50!   It took him about 5-10 minutes, not bad as he is Spanish and everything was in English, and appeared to be a tick box exercise as far as I could see.  He only charged me the €15 for doing it.  Now that is service!

• Like 1