Window washer fuse

Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.

1 hour ago, RogerBest said:

The headlight wash works it’s the front and back windscreen wash that has packed up. Thanks for the link to the manual, I can look up the correct fuse. R-

Sorry, I put the correct info in but got interrupted and then thought I'd put the post in the wrong thread deleted it and misread your post.  Doh.  Read two similar threads is beyond me.

To cut it short, from a previous AG Falco post on the other thread, check fuses 22, 27, 31 and 46, start with 22.

Edited by nta16
speeling and stuff

Can you hear the motor,  Just grabbing straws thinking - have you tried pinning the jet nozzles just in case or taking the tubing off in case there's a snot blockage or tried syphoning the tubes.  Any issues with the steering column stalk.  I don't know what a bi-directional scanner would power up to test.

Does very much sound like you washer pump has gone. I reckon when you pull off the bottom pipes from the washer bottle you will find the gauze is blocked full of scum, as suggested by nta16. 

Take off the electrical connector to the washer pump. If it only has two prongs in the connector block, get two pieces of old wire and attach them to a brake bulb or rear side light bulb. Put on blade connectors at the other end of the wires and attach them to the wire connector block feeding the washer pump. Pull the stalk and if the bulb lights up you know what the issue is. 

• 2 weeks later...

Checked all the fuses as mentioned in manual and the various posts on here - could find nothing wrong. Finally got the car to the garage after the break and it turns out it was a fuse and not the pump. The manual says is it fuse 35 - IT IS NOT! Anyway all safe and legal again. Thanks for your help chaps. R-

Good news that you are sorted.

4 hours ago, RogerBest said:

The manual says is it fuse 35 - IT IS NOT!

Not the first time the Owner's Manual fuse diagram has been wrong, do you know which fuse number it was , it's colour/amperage for future reference?

I forgot it was headlight spray, in the handbook for my wife's 2015 Mk3 it shows as - "34 Heated windscreen washer jets".

Edited by nta16
ETA:

1 hour ago, RogerBest said:

All I can tell you is that it was a 7.5A fuse. In the online manual it says it’s fuse #35, but that position was empty 🥴! R-

Thanks for reporting back both times.

Yeah very annoying, I found the diagram for my wife's 2015 car didn't match up to what was fitted .  I find VW work to their very annoying ways with holding on to information others manufacturer's freely give out and include in their driver's handbooks but the newer cars have even less for the driver's to know.

• Like 1